Franchi Affinity

MirokuMK70

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ive had the franchi affinity 12g 28" barrel now for three months now.

Not once has it let me down, only ever shot 27g cartridges (hull superfast) and game loads but even straight out the box never jammed once.

I got so fed up cleaning my gas auto that i took the plunge and bought this inertia driven shotgun.

As understand they are made by benelli in the benelli factory and comes with a 7YR warranty, so i thought it was worth a gamble at this price of £560.

The gun itself is super light and very fast to mount without any effort and theres only about 3 major components to strip down.

Recoil spring under forend so easy to maintain and inspect.

From what ive shot before if you have ever shot a benelli M2 it feels very simular indeed.

So for a cheap inertia driven semi-auto shotgun capable of anything from clays to rough shooting with a 7yr warranty i don't think you can go far wrong.

Well i'm very happy with mine and i would reccomend this gun.

post-60456-0-36203600-1406201745_thumb.png

Guest cookoff013

am saving up my pennies in anticipation of getting one of these......

my first outing will be on the skeet with some el-cheepo-steel- shells.

I had a look at one at the CLA...

The GMK guy on the stand didn't seem to know much about it

but I did find out it's only available with the plastic stock, which i'm not too keen on...

The price is good....

I've always fancied a Franchi 712 Raptor but put off by the fact that they
don't seem to be fleur de lys proofed...

Edited by MirokuMK70

Yes it has a rotating bolt.

Steel proofed and come with 3 benelli chokes 1/4 1/2 and full.

But i bought a carlson's extended chokes to use instead.

Had a day on the pigeons yesterday and shot the best part of 200 carts through the gun and no problems what so ever.

Fell in love with this little gun already !!

I had a look at one at the CLA...

The GMK guy on the stand didn't seem to know much about it

but I did find out it's only available with the plastic stock, which i'm not too keen on...

The price is good....

I've always fancied a Franchi 712 Raptor but put off by the fact that they

don't seem to be fleur de lys proofed...

I read somewhere that they are steel proof up to 1176 bar (May not be precise, I'm working from memory).

I see if I can find it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well! Now over a year into using the franchi affinity 12 gauge semi auto and I can report the gun is still working as good as the day I bought it, it has been faultless. I dread to think how many rounds this gun has shot. In the past 12 months I have shot everything from rabbits to geese and it has NEVER let me down. For the £560 I payed for it I am still very happy. So over a year old would I reccomend it?? OH HELL YEAH !!!!

I agree with "sincerershorty" purchased Affinity to shoot duck with steel cartridges, ran several hundred clay cartridges through it to check it out and it worked brilliantly. Now put some 3" steel through it and can not fault it, why buy a gun at over £1000 when you can buy a Franchi made by Benelli with 7Years warrenty for half that

• 5 years later...

I have a Franchi Affinity 3 gauge.   Mine is a 26 " 20 gauge "Elite" series which comes with a nice cerekote finish on the barrel and receiver and a large bolt release and charging lever and a camo stock and forearm.  I have had Benelli M1 and M2 and the Franchi is very similar.