Should I trade semi for pump

DannyNCC

I think it depends what you're shooting. For rough shooting a pump is probably better I think, more reliable.

For clays a pump is harder than a semi, but not impossible.

To sum it up, I guess it just depends what you want :)

(Buy an 870 though :P )

I think it depends what you're shooting. For rough shooting a pump is probably better I think, more reliable.

870 :good:

870 :good:

Correction: buy a "pre-loved" 870 Wingmaster from, say, the mid-1970s. :)

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I put half-a-dozen rounds through a club member's SXP and my verdict - based upon that admittedly very *short* trial - was, "meh, nuffink special".

Edited by ChAoS

You won't go wrong with an 870. I have one and it shoots much better then my semi auto.

The older ones are better made.

Mine was purchased new in 1975 by a family member and hardly used.

When the restriction laws came in it was put onto fac so luckily I managed to buy it unrestricted on my fac once I got the slot.

I'm also about to purchase a mint remington 1100 from the early 80s.

I used to always buy beretta or benelli but there build qualitys gone down hill over the years.

A pic below of my 870

I have the sxp in 3 1/2", wetlands camo and love it. Yes it's Turkish but a lot of guns are and for the price (£380 brand new) you can't really complain! Plenty of people have tried it and no one found it overly short, but on the marsh with coats and waders it shouldn't really matter. Shoot really well with it, shot loads of pigeons and never had a problem.

I suspect that is probably correct, but I have never heard that phrase used to justify buying a pump. The difference over any half decent semi really isn't worth talking about! :good:

I don't really want an o/u yet

But I only had this for 6 months so maybe in another 6 I might be posting about wanting 1 haha

If you are shooting clays it is the tool for the job, Personally i don't like autos especially at clay grounds, especially camo ones, only thing worse than a camo auto at a clay ground is a pump.... I dont care how well you shoot it, you could straight the lot, I doesn't matter, I'm prejudiced and don't care...

If you are shooting clays it is the tool for the job, Personally i don't like autos especially at clay grounds, especially camo ones, only thing worse than a camo auto at a clay ground is a pump.... I dont care how well you shoot it, you could straight the lot, I doesn't matter, I'm prejudiced and don't care...

What about a camo pump?

You will join the dark side eventually, young Skywalker...

Ain't got nothing to do with you what other people shoot now though has it?