Northampton shooting ground

don't park in the lay-by near the ground as it is a dogging meeting place

Haha, a mate of mine stopped there with his missus one night, to eat their take away fish and chips.... so he claims....a savaloy ....any one? Anyways halfway thru their chips, mrs looked up and there was a pair of old boys looking thru the glass, noses pressed up against the window!

1st things 1st. I think I found the lay-by. Its a big one in the left as your heading back towards Kettering, crescent shaped??

Really enjoyed the clays, very friendly and welcoming, had a good look round and blew a few cobwebs out of the gun, my Mrs had a go and hit a couple, she was disappointed but wants to try again, she could probably do with as lesson and not by me!!

Anyway next thing I'm going to try and do is get some permission around here, there seems to be a lot of wood pigeon around and nobody shooting them.....!?!?!

As above nice ground can be a bit clickly sometimes but staff are all helpful and friendly.

Sporting targets at Risley is another ground not to far from you. Or kibworth worth is a ground worth a visit. If you fancy a sunday morning trek out im normally there with a couple of mates.