complete dry food recommendations

fergie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started mine of on skinners puppy and she's doing very well on it she is 9 months now tried her on there New junior she didn't get on with it

Gave here the squirts really bad so put her on salmon and rice and back to normal

,I've been feeding skinners for years and have been happy with it

CSJ

Mine is on CP24 and has done really well on it. Very helpful company, a couple of times I have called with queries, phone is answered by the owner who has taken details and asked her nutritionist to call me back.

Highly recommended.

Alpha Sporting Puppy. Starting to get a bit expensive where I get it, went from £13.99 to £17.00 in one go.

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Alpha_Sporting_Puppy_Food/c17515/

I wish mine was only that price.i pay between £20 and£ £23 a bag depending which 1 i feed them.im a big believer in feed the **** you clean a bucket of **** up.feed quality stuff which they get all the goodness out of they dont **** as much and its solid.

I wish mine was only that price.i pay between £20 and£ £23 a bag depending which 1 i feed them.im a big believer in feed the **** you clean a bucket of **** up.feed quality stuff which they get all the goodness out of they dont **** as much and its solid.

I agree. The price does not always reflect the quality of the food though. Some say you get what you pay for but regarding dog food I've personally found that's not always the case. The advice given to me regarding feeding kibble was always to try and make sure meat is the first ingredient on the list of ingredients and for pups in particular, make sure there is a good, high, protein percentage. Manufacturers do play on words and confuse the situation by using terminology not very customer friendly, sometimes giving the customer a false impression of their products. I've tried a lot of pup kibbles and found the Alpha Puppy and CSJ Little Champ, to be the best all round. Occasionally I feed raw only for a week or two and find the amount of tom titting goes down by at least half. If you truly want to feed quality stuff feed raw fresh meats,. fish and veg's, personally, I need to have the convenience of kibble for most of the time, not ideal and definitely not the best feed for my dogs but it is convenient.