Dyfan's lamping

eccles

Had a call yesterday afternoon off Dyfan fancy a shot later Ter. He's not been much lately as he's been busy on the silage with his dad.

Took him to a farm iv'e not shot for years,seen the sons other day asked if i'd shoot the blinking rabbits.

Had a few early thursday morning and seen 4 foxes on the cut grass. Seen my mate, dad of the 2 lads said i'd had some rabbits and seen the foxes.

Well get them shot said i would go late night.

Dyfan came down with his mam at 10 we left after a cuppa. Drove to the farm grass now done in big bails. Picked a good spot out with the fox pro and pegged dead rabbit.

Caller on for 10 mins pair of eyes coming through hedge right side of us. Came in nice smelling the rabbit off with the caller and he walked in to withing 10 yards of the rabbit bang down it went. Dyfan lamping well said to him we will give it 10 mins and call again.

Caller on again 5 mins and 2 sets of eyes coming through hedge in front of us, off with the caller. Whispered to him if they both coming in together i'll take out 1 and put the lamp on the second 1.

On with the caller they both started trotting in,then the blinking batteries went dead,luck i took my wam. Stuck the wam in my gob then called they came in nice again. Dyfan with the lamp on the right hand 1 other was just to the left just about see his eyes in the outside of beam.

Both came within 20 y of the dead rabbit i was following the right hand 1 he stopped bang down, Dyfan straight on the other 1 bang and down he went to.

We called again after 10 mins nothing else came so walked to next field called nothing so home we went.

Dyfan happy iv'e had quite a few last few weeks on my own so was nice for him to have some fun.

He loves shooting + going to buy a 20b to come on the crows with me. atb Terry

post-40804-0-01090200-1405148439_thumb.jpg

Edited by eccles

Had a call yesterday afternoon off Dyfan fancy a shot later Ter. He's not been much lately as he's been busy on the silage with his dad.

Took him to a farm iv'e not shot for years,seen the sons other day asked if i'd shoot the blinking rabbits.

Had a few early thursday morning and seen 4 foxes on the cut grass. Seen my mate, dad of the 2 lads said i'd had some rabbits and seen the foxes.

Well get them shot said i would go late night.

Dyfan came down with his mam at 10 we left after a cuppa. Drove to the farm grass now done in big bails. Picked a good spot out with the fox pro and pegged dead rabbit.

Caller on for 10 mins pair of eyes coming through hedge right side of us. Came in nice smelling the rabbit off with the caller and he walked in to withing 10 yards of the rabbit bang down it went. Dyfan lamping well said to him we will give it 10 mins and call again.

Caller on again 5 mins and 2 sets of eyes coming through hedge in front of us, off with the caller. Whispered to him if they both coming in together i'll take out 1 and put the lamp on the second 1.

On with the caller they both started trotting in,then the blinking batteries went dead,luck i took my wam. Stuck the wam in my gob then called they came in nice again. Dyfan with the lamp on the right hand 1 other was just to the left just about see his eyes in the outside of beam.

Both came within 20 y of the dead rabbit i was following the right hand 1 he stopped bang down, Dyfan straight on the other 1 bang and down he went to.

We called again after 10 mins nothing else came so walked to next field called nothing so home we went.

Dyfan happy iv'e had quite a few last few weeks on my own so was nice for him to have some fun.

He loves shooting + going to buy a 20b to come on the crows with me. atb Terry

attachicon.gifDSCF1159 (405x540).jpg

Nice one mate, my son has shot with me since he was able too walk with a single barrel 410. I will never forget his first pigeon he shot and even more memorable his first driven pheasant.

Good times ahead.

Reggiegun

Good score there Terry.

looks like u got one serious apprentice there, don't reckon he can go far wrong with you teaching him.

atb mate. P.T

Cheers Paul :good: not done any crow shooting for blinking months lost interest :sad1: atb Terry

Brill both of you. Nice to read about your shooting sessions.

Cheers Dar :good: give me a shout if you fancy coming down again sometime. atb Terry

Cheers Paul :good: not done any crow shooting for blinking months lost interest :sad1: atb Terry

Cheers Dar :good: give me a shout if you fancy coming down again sometime. atb Terry

If the crows are fed up not being killed send em my way I'll at least scare them ;)

Not many about here at the mo but hoping they will turn up once fields are spred wi muck.

atb mate. P.T

cracking picture terry, reminds me of when I was a lad out shooting with my father, he would have me out till all hours and mother always moaned about me getting up for school

brilliant mate, in saying that I,m still the same now,had my 10yr old daughter skinning rabbits with me the other night,,she loved it :lol::lol: :lol:

well done bud, he will remember that for the rest of his life,,good on yer mate

atb Evo

cracking picture terry, reminds me of when I was a lad out shooting with my father, he would have me out till all hours and mother always moaned about me getting up for school

brilliant mate, in saying that I,m still the same now,had my 10yr old daughter skinning rabbits with me the other night,,she loved it :lol::lol: :lol:

well done bud, he will remember that for the rest of his life,,good on yer mate

atb Evo

Cheers Bob :good: he will make a good one thats for sure.atb Terry