Honesberie Shooting School Priors Marsden

John Chisum

Take a look at the extortionate prices for instruction on the internet, everything is really. Nick the owner will only let you shoot his own 7½ cartridges which are very expensive.

It is no wonder he is way down on customers.

We have stopped going there and several others who we were friendly with but he still charges excessively.

Sorry, it is Priors Marston,

Edited by John Chisum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Johnny,

I'm really sorry you feel this way. Our prices are very much in line with most people in the country, if you were to purchase them by the 1000 we are on target with Just Cartridges if not in some cases cheaper.

Sadly due to 6 years of negotiation with the planners we have a compromised solution of only shooting our school loads at our main school in Priors marston where you refer to.

However we do host 100 bird registered at Hill farm where you are free to use any 28g plastic or fibre wad cartridge.

There is no money making motive here, purely being able to satisfy the council along with the locals.

I hope you are able to see that we have invested a huge amount of money into the business and our overheads are consequently a lot higher. We are no longer working from a porter cabin run by a generator with 2 staff. We are now a team of 6 full time staff and freelance instructors that come in when we have larger events on and our new clubhouse speaks for itself.

It is interesting that you mention numbers have dwindled, this is not the case. The business is growing year on year. It may be the case that when ever you last visited us, the ground was quiet at that time.

I very much welcome you to come forward and discuss any of your concerns with me in person. I will happily give you a price for 1000 cartridges which is the most efficient way of purchasing them. Also we are launching an even more favourable membership package in October that may help some of our pricing.

We look forward to seeing you soon at Honesberie, if you have any concerns or questions feel free to call me in person on 07973839844 or call the office on 01327262922.

Kind regards

Nick Hollick

Honesberie Shooting School