Freelander 2

snarepeg

Plug connector probably - had this on a sporty Ford. It was simply a quarter twist out. Quite spooky how first electric mirrors wouldn't adjust, then windows, then locks. Quick twist to plug-in electric point and all fine. Bet Halfords would charge £70 + vat for fixing especially if you are a young lass!!

Well, coming up 80 I might get a discount? But will give it a go.

Its more likely to be the rear door control module. If this is the case they have to be replaced in pairs. Front and rear for that side. Then reprogrammed by landrover. Expect to pay arround £250 to £300 for that work to be carried out by landrover.

Now I feel sick,

Was thinking of a cheaper one for running round the shoot, but my pajero2.8 at 19 years old the windowes are fine as against 5 years old, it's the not being able to lock it that's the problem and the alarm won't work when not locked.

There's. no power to that door at all, everything else works. Thanks for the input. And any more suggestions welcome. (Within reason)

• 2 weeks later...

well, bit the bullet and took door panel of, easy when you know how but had it of in about 20 miniuts.

The bottom socket of the 2 that goes into the Yellow fitting had vibrated down /out, pushed back in and secured with elastic band round it and all back to normal.

this is a 2009 Freelander 2,, think we will go out for a meal or 3 for what it would have cost us.

• 4 years later...

I have a freelander 2 2013, both passenger doors were damaged so I bought a second hand pair and replaced them. I took the door modules off my old doors and fitted them to the new ones, however now I have an issue as neither the windows, mirror or central locking are working on either of the passenger doors, although the speakers are working? Can anyone shed any light?

21 hours ago, Seand89 said:

I have a freelander 2 2013, both passenger doors were damaged so I bought a second hand pair and replaced them. I took the door modules off my old doors and fitted them to the new ones, however now I have an issue as neither the windows, mirror or central locking are working on either of the passenger doors, although the speakers are working? Can anyone shed any light?

Have you tried a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes it has been known to cure a lot of issues with the FL2