another blow, how many more ?

ROBLATCH

decided to have a walk with a very good freind today who in all honesty hasnt quite been himself lately due to he's nearest and dearest being diagnosed with dimentia.

i called him (tony) this morning and asked if he fancied a walk around the local land i shoot,, tony not being a shooter didnt realy fancy it untill i told him it was just a walk and i wouldnt be taking any guns just the dog , he agreed so off we went.stopping on the way to watch numerous farmers out with the combines i knew or at least thought an enjoyable day was to be had and only hoping the farms i shoot had started, however after arriving at one of the places i shoot ,,nothing happening so thought the best thing i can do is walk the hedgerows ,which we did.

after an hour or so walking we headed back to my landrover when tony said Robert that gate is open ,to my ignorance i told him i could'nt see that far,on approaching i then noticed the back door of my vehicle was open and guessed in one my decoying stuff gone!!! livid at the fact i immediately phoned the police and gave all details to be told stay with the vehicle we will have someone there straight away.. bearing in mind tis was just after 2pm waited and waited and waited at 6pm called them bk to be told that the officer issued with the ticket was now off duty and would be contacting me tommorrow,, my reply was so you want me to wait here in the middle of no where untill tommorow,the ladies reply no get yourself home theres not a lot we can do unless you know whos taken your stuff ( if i knew that i wouldnt be phoning them id be getting my stuff back ). so now its wait untill tommorrow.

amongst the stuff taken was 4 hidepoles, a bag full of hide netting 2 bouncers and 41 decoys every decoy was marked on the underside with my initials.

devastated is not the word, as the time and money its cost me to build up my gear has gone in the blink of an eye.

so now its buying yet again so if any of you guys have or know of any cheap decoys please let me know as i,m now desperate and need to fullfill my prommise to fellow pw members who i have prommised to take out.

soorry for the rant guys !

decided to have a walk with a very good freind today who in all honesty hasnt quite been himself lately due to he's nearest and dearest being diagnosed with dimentia.

i called him (tony) this morning and asked if he fancied a walk around the local land i shoot,, tony not being a shooter didnt realy fancy it untill i told him it was just a walk and i wouldnt be taking any guns just the dog , he agreed so off we went.stopping on the way to watch numerous farmers out with the combines i knew or at least thought an enjoyable day was to be had and only hoping the farms i shoot had started, however after arriving at one of the places i shoot ,,nothing happening so thought the best thing i can do is walk the hedgerows ,which we did.

after an hour or so walking we headed back to my landrover when tony said Robert that gate is open ,to my ignorance i told him i could'nt see that far,on approaching i then noticed the back door of my vehicle was open and guessed in one my decoying stuff gone!!! livid at the fact i immediately phoned the police and gave all details to be told stay with the vehicle we will have someone there straight away.. bearing in mind tis was just after 2pm waited and waited and waited at 6pm called them bk to be told that the officer issued with the ticket was now off duty and would be contacting me tommorrow,, my reply was so you want me to wait here in the middle of no where untill tommorow,the ladies reply no get yourself home theres not a lot we can do unless you know whos taken your stuff ( if i knew that i wouldnt be phoning them id be getting my stuff back ). so now its wait untill tommorrow.

amongst the stuff taken was 4 hidepoles, a bag full of hide netting 2 bouncers and 41 decoys every decoy was marked on the underside with my initials.

devastated is not the word, as the time and money its cost me to build up my gear has gone in the blink of an eye.

so now its buying yet again so if any of you guys have or know of any cheap decoys please let me know as i,m now desperate and need to fullfill my prommise to fellow pw members who i have prommised to take out.

soorry for the rant guys !

Perhaps a nice gesture for the PW members you offered to take out could at least turn up with some decoys and leave you with a few each?

I know that if you offered me a day out and I had heard this, I would give you a few decoys to keep and hope everyone else does, that way like crowd funding you'd end up with a ok pile to start again with :-)