Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D

Scully

Took son to watch it last night. I have always been a movie buff and love CGI and special effects and will watch most movies containing them.

Though the story was a bit laboured and sugar-coated in parts the sets were amazing. There was even a good old 110 in there which not only got the human element into the wilderness, but back again ! It would seem anything is possible in Hollywood nowadays! :yes: Good movie all in all.

Far too far fetched, the Landy didn't break down!!!

Enjoyed the film, but watched it in 2D last Tuesday.

Took son to watch it last night. I have always been a movie buff and love CGI and special effects and will watch most movies containing them.

Though the story was a bit laboured and sugar-coated in parts the sets were amazing. There was even a good old 110 in there which not only got the human element into the wilderness, but back again ! It would seem anything is possible in Hollywood nowadays! :yes: Good movie all in all.

Shame the horses were the wrong breed for the USA but being black made the CGI easier I suppose.

:lol: Well if we're going to get picky...there was a land rover which don't break down and the cast consisted mostly of talking monkies and apes, which are also not indigenous to the USA ! Have to agree, it was a very good film. May go to watch it again yet.

Do they have " sets" on cgi films?

The majority of the sets were practical ie full sized, the actors playing apes wear motion capture suits and a version is recorded with them interacting with the human characters, this becomes the reference or 'plate' shot, then another version called the 'clean' version is recorded where the humans play the scene but remembering where the mo-cap guys went but essentially acting to a blank space and using the plate shot the animators add in the creature effects, it's surprisingly effective.

I've just finished a job with a fair bit of CGI, no apes though, this was cricket and you'd be amazed how hard it is to get a load of people to follow the line of a ball that isn't there! I also once did a film with a massive dragon attack on Coventry and it was hilarious watching the director running about shouting at people to fall over as the dragon hit them, and cars etc on wires to be pulled away, my job is a right load of nonsense but it is better than working for a living

The majority of the sets were practical ie full sized, the actors playing apes wear motion capture suits and a version is recorded with them interacting with the human characters, this becomes the reference or 'plate' shot, then another version called the 'clean' version is recorded where the humans play the scene but remembering where the mo-cap guys went but essentially acting to a blank space and using the plate shot the animators add in the creature effects, it's surprisingly effective.

I've just finished a job with a fair bit of CGI, no apes though, this was cricket and you'd be amazed how hard it is to get a load of people to follow the line of a ball that isn't there! I also once did a film with a massive dragon attack on Coventry and it was hilarious watching the director running about shouting at people to fall over as the dragon hit them, and cars etc on wires to be pulled away, my job is a right load of nonsense but it is better than working for a living

Your job actually sounds pretty awesome.

If you can make money out of a right load of nonsense then good for you :good:

Your job actually sounds pretty awesome.

If you can make money out of a right load of nonsense then good for you :good:

Don't get me wrong I do love it, even with the 15 hour days in the baking sun last week! But I do have to remind myself on a bad day that I'm not saving lives or anything, the worst that can happen is somebody doesn't do their pretending right and we have to get them to pretend again tomorrow but better

Back on subject I enjoyed Apes 2: lust for glory, just wish they'd chopped about twenty minutes out for my buttock and bladder's sake