semi open ticket?

houlsby

looks like a closed ticket was intended but it is poorly worded and doesn't say one or the other clearly.

To my mind what they intended to say was that your 22 and air rifle were to be used for vermin/ground game and zeroing on ranges or land deemed suitable <etc>, your 223 and 17 rem for fox, vermin/ground game and zeroing on ranges or land deemed suitable <etc>. It looks like a sloppy copy and paste error.

thanks

rick

Looks closed or restricted to me, i read it as the Air and RF are allowed for ground game and vermin,and the 17rem and 223 for vermin also "And" suitable for Fox, as the 22lr and Air are not suitable for Fox,

I see thats why its as it is myself.

20140715_090207_zpsulucbsoo.jpeg

Got my ticket back with these conditions... are they semi open? I would ring the fao but he's quite possibly one of the biggest butt holes iv ever met! Lol

Any advice guys?

Std closed ticket that. meaning you can use were you have permission of the landowner as long as the cops have cleared it. Territorial restrictions (listing land were you might shoot) I haven't seen in years

It looks closed to me

+ one

It's closed. An 'open' ticket should read: The rifles etc etc shall be used for shooting vermin and any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges, or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot' This is what is written on mine.

and mine

My ticket closed my 15yr old sons open.Durham now only operate 1 condition and that condition is an open one,hence my sons first fac comming back open.I dont agree with it but thats Durham.

I thought there was only 2 conditions,closed and open other than open with condition (or is this what people refer to as a semi)

post-30855-0-59013900-1407262530_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-45551200-1407262751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

My ticket closed my 15yr old sons open.Durham now only operate 1 condition and that condition is an open one,hence my sons first fac comming back open.I dont agree with it but thats Durham.

I thought there was only 2 conditions,closed and open other than open with condition (or is this what people refer to as a semi)

I imagine giving someone an open ticket saves a lot of time and effort in checking land. Something the police forces hard-hit by staff shortages and budget cuts will be pleased about. A recent BBC article states that the number of police will drop by 11% between 2010 and 2015, and the number of civilian staff by 17%, so FEOs might not have time to be poring over maps, and visiting land to check suitability anymore.

My force likes closed tickets, but in some way we're lucky as they don't seem to like imposing conditions, where others do, so you win some you lose some. To me, the whole closed or open system is daft. If someone on a closed ticket gets some new permission, for say their .22LR, and the police come out to inspect it. The police say no, it isn't suitable, you can't use your .22LR on it, but then someone on an open ticket can take their .308 on the same piece of land and be perfectly legal to do so.

I have the same wording on my ticket so I called the police 3 times and got 3 different answers,

One said that I had to inform them and they would check it for me even if it had been previously cleared

One said that If I knew it was cleared up to my specified caliber I would be fine and just to shoot it

The last said similar to if I know its cleared then go ahead but to let them know where it was...?

Not sure what to take from that