wildfowling clubs ???

hedge hunter

Right guys, for a number of years now iv been thinking that I'd like to have a go at wildfowling. I already do a number of shooting sports, and have done for a good few years. So ecently I got in touch with wentloog wildfowlers and also Gloucestershire wildfowlers. Both seen really good clubs to be part of. Good land, both pretty close by my location, and club fees and membership fees are almost the same. Now for my question, are any one on here a member, or previous member said clubs, and can give me some advise please, pros and cons so to speak etc. I look forward to any and all replies, regards hh

Hi hedge hunter, I am afraid I can give you no help on the clubs near you. However I am the secretary of Kent Wildfowlers and I can tell you that we have had many people join us in your position. It is difficult to get the opportunity to do real wildfowling without joining a club. Obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea ( you either love it or not). I myself had plenty of private shooting when I joined Kent, but I'm glad I did. Great friends, great sport. Take the plunge and try your luck. DNT.

I can give you the rundown on GWA if you want to PM me any specific questions you have. You can also book a guided Try Wildfowling Flight with the Club for £25. Application form is on the Website

GWA is a good club, been a member for 4 years. The marshes are pretty quiet apart from 1 that does get very busy. The shooting is hard work (as all wildfowling is) but the rewards are there if you put the effort in.

The taster flight scheme is really good, and gives you a chance to experience true wildfowling without commiting to joining for the season. Wildfowling really is the marmite of shooting, you either love it or hate it - but if you get it then no other shooting betters it.

Another advantage of booking a taster flight is if you then decide to join you will have made a contact at the club for the probationary period as an associate when you will be guided by a full member.

GWA is a good club, been a member for 4 years. The marshes are pretty quiet apart from 1 that does get very busy. The shooting is hard work (as all wildfowling is) but the rewards are there if you put the effort in.

The taster flight scheme is really good, and gives you a chance to experience true wildfowling without commiting to joining for the season. Wildfowling really is the marmite of shooting, you either love it or hate it - but if you get it then no other shooting betters it.

Another advantage of booking a taster flight is if you then decide to join you will have made a contact at the club for the probationary period as an associate when you will be guided by a full member.

Sounds like perfectly good advice :good:

Yeah I know Aberdare, your closest bet is Wentloog, it won't take you long to get to their grounds mate. I would say about 30-40 mins, it's around Peterstone.

There are a few around Swansea/Llanelli area too. May be worth you looking at those. Or like Kiffy said there is the option of Dyfi.

HI Hedge Hunter, Been a member of wentloog for many years,and only yesterday took some new members on a marsh walk and one of them is from your neck of the woods. Get in touch with the club secretary for membership details.If you do take up wildfowling I can guarantee it will get in your blood and you will have a lifetime of enjoyment.

We in the Dengie Club allow new members to join any time of the year or else we might loose them to another sport like Women or washing and Ironing ,or hoovering ,gardening and worse of all decorating !!! So get em in fast !!! get them interested ,out for a flight if in season or clay shooting /pigeons if not .Also if joining late in our year/season we do a prorater cost for their first sub !! Cant be better than that !!!!

Carmarthenshire Wildfowlers website is now back online, I sorted it last night, prices and application forms are on there to download and post off.

I'd say from Aberdare to CWA's best ground is about 1 1/2 hours drive for you.

I don't think you will have an issue with missing any joining date with CWA.

http://carmarthenshirewildfowlers.co.uk/

ATB

Rhodri

Edited by Fal

Nice one Rhodri. I've applied but not had a response yet.

Cheers

Aled

Aled PM me your details, full name and contact number and I will pass them on to a committee member for you and ask the membership sec to contact you.

Rhodri