theoben .177 gas strut in a .22 gun

NoMercy

HI YALL,

im wondering if i was to get the theoben .177 gas strut instead of the .22 one fitted into my bsa lightning what the power difference would be, and how much it would be over the legal limit?

P.S. thanks for your insighted replies guy's cause im sure thats what im gonna get :beer:

I did the same a couple of years ago. At the chrono it measured 16.2 ft lbs with crossman accupell.

At the sort of range you are shooting at it aint gonna make a lot of difference and the increased velocity didnt make it any more accurate.

Save up 600 sovs and get the theoben eliminator in 22 cal and 28ft lb. You,ll never need another 22. Proper job!!!! :beer:

FM.

you will be dissapointed with 17ftlbs mate,sort urself a rapid 7mk1,then you could get 26ftlbs with crossman premiers,and shot flat for 70yards+,17ftlbs will only increase ur range from 35yards to maybe 45-50 if ur lucky,buy a proper gun,or if sticking to airguns,buy a rapidmk1,you wont be dissapointed.....but remember ur FAC........ :lol:

If by upgrading you mean putting a .177 rated power source one in a .22 gun then no.

The gun will fire like ****e, be over 12ft/lbs, if caught without it on a valid firearm certificate you will get done for having a firearm with no licence and spend a mandatory 5 years in a pre paid hotel. Plus you will be another statistic used against legitimate airgunners by the antis.

If you want to get a FAC rated gun, then get a precharged. Much easier to change the power and the gun shoots nicely at any power. But obviously you need and FAC.

Ok then m8 I think it is not such a good idea to upgrade the gun after all!!!

By the way what is up with all of u lot on this forum anyway, I mean anytime someone suggests something wrong or against the law once without the slightest intent on breaking the law intentivly or wearily, you jump at it and ram it straight up the writer’s ***. In this case the victim of your bombardment is me, I don’t no y u all do it. I have the feeling that their is a system here of who can make the biggest *** out of someone new the quickest. All this **** of making the shooters look bad.

MY GOD WAT RUBBISH!!

Fine ok people learn but not if all you do is moan and put down for christ sake!! :lol:

It makes me so sad that this ban **** is always brought up!!

Wow I feel better now that is off my chest! :lol:

put a 177 strut in my lightning last year

... still shoots at 17.5ftlb. ... grouping 1/2 inch at 40 yrds with lazapells. .. gun lost a bit of recoil and shoots like a dream ... as 4 spending 6-700 quid well whats the point ... i dont have a fac , been stopped by police 3 times... showed them the gun and my shooting permission no probs.... unless you give the police reasonable doubt e.g shooting in public or carrying not in bag etc they will never chrono your gun anyway ((( and i know this because my brother is a police officer in sheffield))) you do what you want mate and not all airgunners are stuck up richboys with 700 pound guns who probably couldnt hit a rabbit at 20 yrds

cheers

murray :):/:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::/:P:):)

• 4 weeks later...

NO MERCY

well that came from nowhere mate!! glad you got it off your chest though. to be fair mate there are some who are like this, but not all. i had the same on other forums, and you just dont bother with them. these are the people who just like to hear the tap of there own keyboards. dont let it get to you mate just ignore them. but the ban thing is, and should be very much in your mind, at the end of the day not much good having a gun if its against the law to use it...... and if peeps dont get concerned then the anti's get what they want....a total ban. then sites like this become obsolite..... :huh: but im sure it wont come to that with responsable airgunners like yourself :huh:

MURRAYFUK

i do hope that this is a wind up mate. because your policeman brother wont be able todo sqaut about your ar*e being banged left, right, and center in the nick. not so funny then. keep posting stuff like that and the ban will happen, and how fast do you think you will be pulled then. fac or not ! lets just hope there arent any sick people who would blow you up to the old bill. nobody needs that now do we.... :huh:

I have the feeling that their is a system here of who can make the biggest *** out of someone new the quickest. All this **** of making the shooters look bad.

MY GOD WAT RUBBISH!!

NoMercy

I think your right what you said at the bottom there, when i first joined everyone ripped the **** out of me, so i just took it as a joke because i couldn't take it no more.

PD