first of many i hope

simon6ppc

hi guys, me and driller finally got our self's back in pigeon mode this weekend as we all know this time of year you just can't miss..we shot a farm on barley stubble which had been cut 3 days before..we got there at 1pm and shot it for 4 and a half hours with an interval of nearly an hour as the farmer came over yapping what seemed ages,lol,to be honest it was a serious day with non stop shooting all the time,we only finished as we ran out of amo other wise it could have easily been a 300 plus day..we ended up with 253 with the odd one away as you do,so our first big day and hope fully this week end on another farm ime hoping of another half decent result as well,thats if its been cut,we also sold most of them as well which is good news,also my lab worked brilliant picking up easily 200 birds,he was a bit shell shocked on the way home but is ok now,cheers Simon..

post-56146-0-30363500-1407867278_thumb.jpg

I feel slightly sick, we are all arable, wheat and rape stubble, this year, not for not trying have only managed single to double numbers.

I've no idea what's happening in my neck of woods.

On a good note, what a day! Well done you two, sounds like you had a ace of day.

Cheers guys..The reason I use my dog so much is I don't like leaving birds all over the field upside down etc.also when it's an hectic day like that really we just have to get on with it..In all fairness he's very keen and sits there and watches every thing we do..He even looks at me in disgust when I miss..so he had a stiff neck as well because he spent more time looking at driller then he did me..ha ha.

Edited by simon6ppc