Had a very nice perch today

pegasus bridge

Just thought I would share this with the pw fishing massive.

I had a day lure fishing for pike, first fish banked was an absolute corker of a perch, it took a large pike lure, chuffed with it, not sure of the weight , bit it was much bigger than my previous best perch which weighed just under 3 lb.

post-9454-0-16072600-1408048333_thumb.jpg

Great stuff,one to remember :good: they certainly are cheeky little things to catch,,i can spend hours catching the smaller one's on light tackle,,watching them chase the lures,in small shoals..

Here's a couple of my best,,taken at Langors Lake near Brecon...not sure of the weight,as I got them back in the water as soon as !

post-44030-0-79958400-1408051024_thumb.jpg

post-44030-0-48056000-1408051035_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would share this with the pw fishing massive.

I had a day lure fishing for pike, first fish banked was an absolute corker of a perch, it took a large pike lure, chuffed with it, not sure of the weight , bit it was much bigger than my previous best perch which weighed just under 3 lb.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Its always difficult to say with such a photo but a 3lb perch looks to most like a 6 lb perch as a guide, either way they are a great fish to catch

Its always difficult to say with such a photo but a 3lb perch looks to most like a 6 lb perch as a guide, either way they are a great fish to catch

a 3lb perch looks like a 6lb perch to most

hahaha met a few in the past that have said a fish is x big for it to be weighed at half that,

i was always the opposite during my match days,

i would say i had a couple of lb then lift out a net full much to my dads disgust tee hee

Colin