Daystate airwolf serial no.AW

andyh990

Hi I'm looking at buying a daystate airwolf .177 not the one with the digital screen. It doesn't say a model on it but serial number begins with AW just wondering on the value in mint condition would be roughly. And some more info on it would be good. Thanks for reading, hope some one can help. Cheers

I have one in mint condition here , same as you describe .177 non screen and got fed up with advertising it in the end, I think my lowest advert was £750 and all I got were people saying " I'll give you £500tomorrow if it'll help you out" , I did advertise it on a few sites over six months or so , I know what I paid and what I want but if this one your'e looking at is over £700 I wouldn't be too keen to cough up . They are an excellent bit of kit and will put pellet on pellet at 40yrds all day long, quiet as a whisper and zero recoil, good few hundred shots per fill, mine had no scope but the carbon moderator, 10shot mag etc.

Get an Air Arms S410/510 and save yourself a lot of hassle. In my opinion Daystate have allowed errors to creep into their quality control and do not seem keen to admit, or do anything about, it. When you pay Daystate kinda money, apart from cutting edge technology and innovation, you expect total reliability and there are so many horror stories out there that this is not being delivered. Just sold mine and bought an S410 and I can honestly say that it will match the Daystate all day long.

Haven't heard any horror stories? Mine did suffer with the pellets falling back into the breech but daystate collected my rifle , sorted , returned it and replaced my 2 ten shot magazines for free despite the rifle being out of warranty and me buying it second hand , I doubt Air Arms would do that ! With regards to Air arms though I couldn't stand the mechanical magazine rotating cocking mechanism, hard work, noisey and dissapointingly outdated compared to the daystate's mech, not to mention the lousy shot count on the TDR ! Like everything in life though its subjective

If you are struggling to find complaints about Daystate build quality then you only have to search this site-if not then simply go on the owners forum. Your comments regarding the AA mag make me smile-I have never heard of one failing and if you lube them they are silent-on the other hand you are already experiencing problems with your Daystate jobby ( which, by the way, is twice the price)-the pellet falling back into the action has been going on for years and has still not been fixed-its caused by the jolt as the (mechanical) magazine indexes and usually happens after a couple of years as the O ring wears-but the breach should not be designed in such a way as to allow this common fault-trust me, if you get a pellet jam in the field ( seems to happen when you index the mag with the gun pointing upwards) then you will be putting your Daystate T shirt on Ebay.

have to agree with twistedsanity (sorry Bruno )

the Daystate Airwolf walks all over the s410 , how anyone can compare the s410 to the Airwolf CDT is IMO not thinking straight or is a Daystate hater and there are many on here,

I own both the above rifles and the s410 is a cracking rifle but just for those that think the s410 is faultless well they are not, the magazine on mine had cracks starting to appear in it so I bought a new mag and guess what the same thing happened

The CDT airwolf is very very accurate also and as twisted said they will certainly put pellet on pellet out to 40yrds in the right conditions,

people have said they prefer the CDT due to the better power settings but mine has been used on full power all the time,

I really suppose its if you want to spend your hard earned cash on an Airwolf CDT, they truelly are a fantastic rifle , so is the s410 but build quality on the s410 is no where near the Airwolf quality,

its like comparing a rolls Royce(Airwolf) with a robin reliant(s410) ,

if you want quality then buy the Airwolf mate,they sell from £700 to £899 and are hard to come by, Blackpool rifles just sold one for £895 in Excellent condition , The s410 is an excellent rifle but as I said it feels cheap, the cocking is no where near as smooth as the daystate and the feel is nothing like the daystate,

try them both and see just what I mean about quality and feel , and performance wise well I,m not even going there but I know which rifle I pick to take out hunting and its not built by Air Arms

hope this helps

atb Evo

Knew you would be along, evo, I have to admire your brand loyalty and I would not argue with you on many points-I had the MK3 for a couple of years and the trigger is legendary-unless I had tried one then I would not have believed the brilliant trigger and fast lock time. But-in all the time I owned the gun it spent more time being repaired than every other gun that I have owned in 39 years-all put together. I spent hours shooting the 25 meters down our garden and never managed a 10 shot one hole group (my new S410 has done so twice in 3 weeks despite having a trigger that is, frankly, abysmal) and the amount of jammed pellets was embarrassing. I would not consider myself a Daystate hater but more a disappointed owner.having spent time with one-I even struggled to get £350 for her despite being almost mint and she was bought to be scrapped for parts. After I sold the MK3 I was faced with a choice of any gun that I wanted-after much thinking I returned to the manufacturer that has never failed to please me with the 3 previous offerings from them.. At the end of the day the best gun is the one thats best for the individual owner-and until Daystate do something to convince me otherwise-that's Air Arms in my case :)

Edited by bruno22rf

have to agree with twistedsanity (sorry Bruno )

the Daystate Airwolf walks all over the s410 , how anyone can compare the s410 to the Airwolf CDT is IMO not thinking straight or is a Daystate hater and there are many on here,

I own both the above rifles and the s410 is a cracking rifle but just for those that think the s410 is faultless well they are not, the magazine on mine had cracks starting to appear in it so I bought a new mag and guess what the same thing happened

The CDT airwolf is very very accurate also and as twisted said they will certainly put pellet on pellet out to 40yrds in the right conditions,

people have said they prefer the CDT due to the better power settings but mine has been used on full power all the time,

I really suppose its if you want to spend your hard earned cash on an Airwolf CDT, they truelly are a fantastic rifle , so is the s410 but build quality on the s410 is no where near the Airwolf quality,

its like comparing a rolls Royce(Airwolf) with a robin reliant(s410) ,

if you want quality then buy the Airwolf mate,they sell from £700 to £899 and are hard to come by, Blackpool rifles just sold one for £895 in Excellent condition , The s410 is an excellent rifle but as I said it feels cheap, the cocking is no where near as smooth as the daystate and the feel is nothing like the daystate,

try them both and see just what I mean about quality and feel , and performance wise well I,m not even going there but I know which rifle I pick to take out hunting and its not built by Air Arms

hope this helps

atb Evo

I have both , the 410 and the airwolf

I like the Airwolf but if it comes down to it the 410 will be staying

The AW is good but not better than the 410 and I understand the point about the difference in cocking the guns but in the end any problem with the 410 I can sort with minimal tool inside my shed

Anything goes wrong with the electronics on the AW I will face a big bill from daystate

It's like my dad says "If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem" :lol:

I'm not going to get into the "which is best" argument because there isn't a definitive answer.

What I would say is that for most people, budget plays a part. If you haven't got Daystate money then you buy something cheaper and that usually means Air Arms. Just like buying cars, most will get you from A to B but with some you're paying for a badge and a bit of added luxury. You also pay extra for servicing but I bet you don't get a huge warranty! Compare Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Merc, BMW, Audi warranties with Kia and Hyundai, no comparison is there?

What it comes down to is how much you want to pay for what is effectively a low powered toy?

Sub 12 power, 40 yard range in good conditions and less power than a catapult, puny compared to a crossbow and like a wet **** up against a rimfire which you can buy secondhand for £200 or less.

I don't have money to spare so I wouldn't buy a Daystate, I have a Prosport and an S200 which do everything I want, they hit targets and put meals on the table. I enjoy them both. Would I hit more with a Daystate? No.

But I would feel embarrassed to admit I spent that much money on one and if it ever broke down I would be wanting my money back.

All makes have problems but the so called "top" ones should have less problems and I don't think that's the case with Daystate.

Regards

Tim

I'm a big HW100 fan,I would like to try a daystae to see if it is better,they are lighter and better looking,but are they more accurate than a HW100???

they are only as accurate as the person pulling the trigger,the HW100 is a very accurate rifle but I personally much prefer the feel of the daystates and I don't like side levers although some people do

atb Evo

The HW100 is a clinical killing machine-as per usual the Germans built the gun to do a job and it does it without any useless bells and whistles-the only fly in the ointment is that Hull cartridge seem to struggle to service them if anything goes wrong. My shooting buddy has one and I cannot remember ever coming by a gun more effective in the field.

i bought my dad an S410,it's lighter and accurate,the trigger isn't a touch on the HW100,I have fitted an A&M cylinder whick cuts weight but it's still heavy.luckily I choose not to spend the whole day walking with it,my hunting trips are a 30 second walk to the field to have a go so weight doesn't affect me,i can't shoot steady with it unsupported,butI'm normally able to rest against something.the HW is a better rifle and comes(if buying new) with more kit.

If you don't want to go to AW prices for a Daystate, then why not look at the Daystate Huntsman Regal.

Ive had one for over a year now in .177 flavour and its been absolute faultess to date and very accurate as well.

Shot capacity is pretty good at 85 shots in .177 or 95 in .22, which is ample for most field trips etc.

Its a nice well built light gun which is very easy on the eye as to boot.

I've shot all the above PCP guns mentioned and this Daystate IMO is by far the better gun for the money.

But as above as posted, all brands of rifle suffer with faults, same a cars of high price to low price.

The best way i would say to pick your own rifle, is to shoulder an shoot as many of them as you can before buying one.

If say the AA feels an shoots better your hands, then say the Daystate, then by almeans buy it an enjoy it and vice versa.

Gotta smile when a Daystate jockey boasts that he has had no problems with his £800 gun after just over a year. :rolleyes:

Grow up mate. How can you boast about a brand of airgun that thousands of people own, its not exactly a rarerity now is it.

A lot can happen in a year with any brand air rifle, i was merely saying after reading above posts that, the Daystate model i have

hasn't had any problems with in the first year of ownership. The last pcp i bought was a Theoben Rapid 12 and i had problems from the off

when i bought that. It spent more time at the factory being repaired then in my hands being shot. But i would never say Theoben were a **** make of rifle

as they wasn't. It was just my miss fortune to buy a rifle that was duped with a lot of problems. I've since shot a lot of PCP Makes of rifles and after a lot of dilberation and waiting

i opted to go for upgraded Huntsman Regal and with out boasting as you put it, i think its a great rifle in the year of ownership i've had it. If the Theoben had been of the same

satifactory result i would have said the same about that, despite buying my Daystate.

And as i said to the OP

Go out an shoulder and shoot as many rifle he can and the one he is happy with then go an buy one. Whether it be an Daystate Model or Another brand like AA, BSA or HW etc etc.

I can see why i dont post in this forum much any more. It's still full of bellends who blow everything some people say out of context.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Tenerife and read the above response to my post-the little man rolling his eyes denotes that my comment was made "tongue in cheek" and not to be taken seriously-might I suggest that if your I.Q. is too low to incorporate a sense of humor then you find a more suitable Forum-try one that promotes Sexual self sufficiency if Bellends are your thing.

So are you saying the HW is above the 410 in quality terms?

I looked at both the other day ( Thinking of buying one or other ) and thought the HW was a heavy old thing. The 410 felt nicer

Definately,

The S410 has a barrel like a pea shooter, plus you can double load it if you don't pull the bolt back far enough, unless they've sorted this?

Not had one in years.

The barrel on the S410 is indeed like a peashooter but then you dont need to use it for anything other than pointing the pellet in the right direction-Air Arms could add a shroud but why bother?-just adds weight. I used to own a Logun Pro that had a huge "barrel" until you removed the shroud where I was surprised to find a spindly little tube that looked like it had been machined by a Monkey. The HW100 is an amazing bit of kit and, in my opinion ,is better than the S410 but with the reports of servicing problems I will stick with my S410.

• 5 years later...

I have a daystate airwolf and it's been standing for 5 or six weeks charged it up checked voltage  reading 9.6 battery ok only 1 year old .however the trigger is now locked and won't fire. When safety catch is off that's ready to fire the red light is flashing does anybody know what the problem is please