gun dog trainers

silvpig

Just go on facebook, call yourself something gundogs and hey presto you can be a gundog trainer! Sounds too easy? Well seems to work for dozens of folks! Mind, not just gundog trainers, facebook creates instant experts in most things! (Google experts)

Mike

LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go on facebook, call yourself something gundogs and hey presto you can be a gundog trainer! Sounds too easy? Well seems to work for dozens of folks! Mind, not just gundog trainers, facebook creates instant experts in most things! (Google experts)

Mike

LOL

If you pass comment / disagree with the **** they're posting all that happens is they block you & then carry on their merry way spouting any old **** they fancy. There's some absolute stars on Facebook.

Mike

Excellent post. The thing is though, those people you are on about will read your post and totally agree with you, not even realising you are talking about them. Some are so far up themselves it is unreal.

So shall I guess that there are no trainers on here that wants a trainee in Bristol? Lol And I've prob got all the great advice I'm going to get, and now this is very close to turning into a slanging match? :(

Book leassons with a trainer, see how you get on, then try another, cherry pick the best from them all, anyone who claims to know alk the answers is best avoided!

I started at 0430 this morning and am now having a brew, ill be still at it at last light today. No matter the weather, ive got clients dogs to train, can't say to them, sorry, it was raining.

There is no glory in gundog training, just grief ;-) there are far more really good amatures than there are good pros!

Now some PET trainers really take the you know what. Lady in the village got a hot working line lab pup and took it to classes with one, after it doing basic level obedience (that it was far too young to take on past basic puppy do compliance) the trainer started on tricks! The thing is unbelievable now at four it bogs off and kills stuff, like the local shoots pheasants for fun and walks on the lead with its front legs off the ground most of the time. Tricks? I ask you

Funny thing is she is related to a top keeper and could have called on so many good gun dog men and shepherds for free locally. Cracking dog though even though its now no good to man or beast

Edited by kent

Now some PET trainers really take the you know what. Lady in the village got a hot working line lab pup and took it to classes with one, after it doing basic level obedience (that it was far too young to take on past basic puppy do compliance) the trainer started on tricks! The thing is unbelievable now at four it bogs off and kills stuff, like the local shoots pheasants for fun and walks on the lead with its front legs off the ground most of the time. Tricks? I ask you

Funny thing is she is related to a top keeper and could have called on so many good gun dog men and shepherds for free locally. Cracking dog though even though its now no good to man or beast

Has it got a watch like?

Hey it don't matter what time it is every time is play time for this dog, My point remains waste of time training a puppy (puppy do and it don't know it can do anything else its programed that way for survival) at four I recon its a hard job at 6 - 8 mnths a lot could have been done with this dog before it reached 18mnths - 2 yrs and I don't mean tricks

Hey it don't matter what time it is every time is play time for this dog, My point remains waste of time training a puppy (puppy do and it don't know it can do anything else its programed that way for survival) at four I recon its a hard job at 6 - 8 mnths a lot could have been done with this dog before it reached 18mnths - 2 yrs and I don't mean tricks

:yes: Agreed.