RC Romagnola Cartridges

Just popped down to Justcartridges near oxford for some of my usual Gamebore clear pigeon in a 32g 6shot, but he had sold out!

I ended up buying RC Romagnola cartridges in 32g 6shot. £61 for 250.

Has anyone used these before? They don't appear on RC's website so I don't really know much about them at the moment.

They seem well made but I won't get chance to test them until the weekend on some crows.

Knowledge, advice and experience please?

If no one has heard of them I'll do a little review.

To be honest as long as they do the job I don't care, at least it's not £95 a slab premium game cartridges on crows, been there before.

I'll give them a blast (see what I did there) on the weekend as let you all know my impressions, but they've got a high standard to reach I was really impressed with the Gamebore 'clear' pigeons!

Just popped down to Justcartridges near oxford for some of my usual Gamebore clear pigeon in a 32g 6shot, but he had sold out!

I ended up buying RC Romagnola cartridges in 32g 6shot. £61 for 250.

Wow, you could have paid over the odds for carts without going all the way to Oxford!

Guest cookoff013

To be honest as long as they do the job I don't care, at least it's not £95 a slab premium game cartridges on crows, been there before.

I'll give them a blast (see what I did there) on the weekend as let you all know my impressions, but they've got a high standard to reach I was really impressed with the Gamebore 'clear' pigeons!

!

a shop once tried to sell me a 28 gram shell for £10 box. He was most confused when i multiplied that by 40 for the price per /K.

Oh god, I didn't drive 60 miles from home to buy 250 cartridges! I work near oxford in the week!

What's the verdict on the Xtreme game (their own brand, made by game bore)? I've been told to steer clear of GRS cartridges?

I like to know that it's my shootig not cheap and cheerful cartridges that are missing the target, hence I steer clear of cheapies. I always get 32g 6 because they tick all of my shooting needs from rabbits to game birds. The only time I buy anything else is for wildfowl or brave foxes.

Oh god, I didn't drive 60 miles from home to buy 250 cartridges! I work near oxford in the week!

What's the verdict on the Xtreme game (their own brand, made by game bore)? I've been told to steer clear of GRS cartridges?

I like to know that it's my shootig not cheap and cheerful cartridges that are missing the target, hence I steer clear of cheapies. I always get 32g 6 because they tick all of my shooting needs from rabbits to game birds. The only time I buy anything else is for wildfowl or brave foxes.

very very good.Who advised steering clear of GRS?it is only a wad cup!...see how rubbish Digweed shoots with 'em!!

I think it is slightly unwise to believe that you will shoot better/more, just because you spend more money on cartridges.

Believe me when I say even with the cheapest of cheap cartridges if your missing its not the cartridge

For crows i shoot the cheapest I could lay my hands on. Same for pigeon.

Don't mind paying a bit more for game carts but not by much, as a slab will last me a season or more, so cost ain't really to big an issue for game. Good day on pigeon or crows will see a slab gone.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

I tend to chop and change . For no other reason than I just like to try different cartridge's however I do try and set a limit on what I pay . Normally £ 55 a slap . I dont mind what I use as long as its fibre wad . And fit for purpose .

Hoping to try some of the new game bore dark storm soon .

IMO its very hard to find a "bad" cartridge nowadays, if its a true comparison ( same shot size, weight, wad, etc.).

Apart from non lead for wildfowl, I don't vary my cartridges, regardless of what birds I am shooting at.

I have never met anyone who reckons they could tell the difference, or identify a cartridge make, in a "blind" test and I doubt I ever will. :)

I tend to chop and change . For no other reason than I just like to try different cartridge's however I do try and set a limit on what I pay . Normally £ 55 a slap . I dont mind what I use as long as its fibre wad . And fit for purpose .

Hoping to try some of the new game bore dark storm soon .

You pay £55 for a slap ! PM me your address and I will come round and slap you for half that :lol::lol::lol:

You pay £55 for a slap ! PM me your address and I will come round and slap you for half that :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha as I said it really depends , I just love trying different cartridges , at the min im into Express power pigeon , there £185 per thou , but my favourite all round cartridge is RC sipe there £270 a thou ,

see the way I see it is like this , if I was to buy a thousand RC sipe at £270.00 , and for that thousand cartridges , I shoot 800 birds and sell for £200 . now those cartridges have only cost me £70.00 . now that to me is a bargain .

however Crows I will like everyone else buy the cheapest , but still a fit for the job cartridge I can

Edited by stevo

I must admit I do chop and change brands quite a bit too and you are quite right about the cost once the birds have been sold , normally if I shoot straight the cartridges will be paid for 18 birds from a box come in at over £7 so that covers even some of more expensive ones .

At the moment I really like the fiocchi stuff.

have you tried the PL28 , 30 , 32 ?

I bought some of the PL28 in a # 6 ( Eng 5.5 ) a few months ago and have a to say I thought they were GREAT ! then the shop sold out and didn't get any more , but like I said very good cost affective shell .