emailing shotgun transfer notification.

scotty88

I've was told on Tuesday by my FAO to do all my transfers by email that was cambs though but I'm sure there all finally moving with the times just make sure you keep a copy electronically and printed as proof

We do ours to Cambs through email, and they are fine about it, but it depends on your local force. Check the web page, and keep a copy.

Lincs Police now have a transfer form that you fill in online. The seller fills form and the buyer fills the next one. Hit the SUBMIT button and the buyer receives email confirmation not long after that your transfer has been completed.

Far easier than lots of paperwork.

Scotty, I notify Fife via email, just use my own wording. Although it is all part of Police Scotland L&B might do things differently.

I sometimes get a confirmation reply, other times not. Super simple really.

This is the wording I use for a purchase, if you sell one then change accordingly.:

I hereby notify the Chief Constable that on xx I acquired a shotgun as follows:

Type: Over & Under

Gauge: xx Bore

Make: xx

Serial Number: xxx

Your Name

Your Address

Certificate Number: xx

Acquired From:

RFD Name

RFD Address

RFD Number

Edited by grrclark

Thanks folks. So there isn't a set out online form apart from in lincs? I take it you in your own words send what you have bought or sold from where and serial numbers dates etc? Anyone from scottish borders or edinburgh notified by email?

Im in the Borders and always use Royal Mail, don't trust e-mail.

Scotty, I notify Fife via email, just use my own wording. Although it is all part of Police Scotland L&B might do things differently.

I sometimes get a confirmation reply, other times not. Super simple really.

This is the wording I use for a purchase, if you sell one then change accordingly.:

I hereby notify the Chief Constable that on xx I acquired a shotgun as follows:

Type: Over & Under

Gauge: xx Bore

Make: xx

Serial Number: xxx

Your Name

Your Address

Certificate Number: xx

Acquired From:

RFD Name

RFD Address

RFD Number

Perfect, short and sweet. I just sent a email to local firearm dept to ask if it was an acceptable method, within 3 second I received an auto reply from them saying the email had been recieved and if it was to notify them of a acquisition or disposal of a firearm to accept this as an acknowledgment of receipt. Happy days! Thank you all.

Im in the Borders and always use Royal Mail, don't trust e-mail.

Which is fair enough, but if you are receiving a reply to says its been received you can print what you sent and what was received back. Must be quicker, easier and cheaper than posting paper copies recorded post.

I have always e mailed mine in, but in future, and I suggest anyone that e mails should do it, ask for confirmation to be sent back, why you ask?

applying for my re newel, they had me down with 3 guns, nope only two I said, they gave me the details of the 3rd gun, I had sold it over 4 years ago, to a PW member? and it was not regested at his end either!!!!! shows how stuff can slip through the net

Edited by stubby

Perfect, short and sweet. I just sent a email to local firearm dept to ask if it was an acceptable method, within 3 second I received an auto reply from them saying the email had been recieved and if it was to notify them of a acquisition or disposal of a firearm to accept this as an acknowledgment of receipt. Happy days! Thank you all.

I've always done it this way and get email straight back from them works for me, I bought a new gun a couple of weeks ago from my local RFD they said I didn't need to notify the police as they would do it for me. But I still sent the email within the 7 days to keep myself right ?

Email is great but I always do it via northants police online form and get the confirmation back via email that contains all the details. I have found that it is important to keep these receipts.... At my last renewal feo checked cabinet contents against their records and launched into a tirade about importance of paper trail and informing them about changes. All went very quiet when I printed off all the detailed email confirmations for him!