Pic Of Gazza,pretty shocking.

sako751sg

The best thing we can do for Gazza is put him in prison and save him from himself..

If he lived another 6 months in his current condition I would be very surprised.

I am assuming that you mean this with the best of intentions Mike, to save him from himself.

We cannot have the state act as a guardian for everyone, there has to be personal responsibility and choice. To exaggerate for an example, do we lock up the obese to stop them dying early from diabetes, lock up the sedentary to avoid them dying of early heart failure? Where would we draw the line?

If he is a risk to someone else then contain him for sure, but if he is just drinking himself into an early grave despite all the other interventions that have taken place in his life then we learn from his plight and hopefully educate others to avoid the same outcome. Most of all we treat him with some dignity and hopefully not turn his downfall into some kind of freak show for a dark voyeuristic pleasure.

I am assuming that you mean this with the best of intentions Mike, to save him from himself.

We cannot have the state act as a guardian for everyone, there has to be personal responsibility and choice. To exaggerate for an example, do we lock up the obese to stop them dying early from diabetes, lock up the sedentary to avoid them dying of early heart failure? Where would we draw the line?

If he is a risk to someone else then contain him for sure, but if he is just drinking himself into an early grave despite all the other interventions that have taken place in his life then we learn from his plight and hopefully educate others to avoid the same outcome. Most of all we treat him with some dignity and hopefully not turn his downfall into some kind of freak show for a dark voyeuristic pleasure.

Both of your posts have beem spot on.

I can't imagine how distressing it must be for his family and true friends to watch the effects of his disease slowly kill him. Truly tragic.

as someone who has had their teenage daughter collapse and die in front of them threw no fault of hers at all and who never gave us cause to be annoyed at her in any way [and yes I am looking threw rose tinted specs but I am being 100% honest] I have no sympathy for him at all hes had far too many chances at getting his act together while being supported by others both financially and emotionally which a lot of people have not had the chance of ........

my outlook is now in black and white there are far too many people like my daughter who didn't have the option

so when I read / hear people whinging of how hard they,ve had due to addictions etc it boils my pee they chose to take whatever substance they became addicted to so why should they have my pity . I seen too many kids in hospital fighting or their lives due to no fault of them or their parents .

Can't argue with that +1 :good:

as someone who has had their teenage daughter collapse and die in front of them threw no fault of hers at all and who never gave us cause to be annoyed at her in any way [and yes I am looking threw rose tinted specs but I am being 100% honest] I have no sympathy for him at all hes had far too many chances at getting his act together while being supported by others both financially and emotionally which a lot of people have not had the chance of ........

my outlook is now in black and white there are far too many people like my daughter who didn't have the option

so when I read / hear people whinging of how hard they,ve had due to addictions etc it boils my pee they chose to take whatever substance they became addicted to so why should they have my pity . I seen too many kids in hospital fighting or their lives due to no fault of them or their parents .

I agree with you on this 1 mate.he is an embarresment to his self and the northeast.hes has more than enough chances and i hate football so that dosent bother me either.why waste more money on a idiot like this who wont even help himself.

+1 so very true,

The man has failed himself and all that have given him help, he is wasting good oxygen, I think he's been dead for seven years but has just forgotten to fall over.

No-one could deny how much help he has had over a prolonged period, but it is still tragically sad to see someone fall apart, who looks sure to die sooner rather than later.

There are others in the same boat, but they are not force fed to us via the media, like Gazza.

I know he doesn't help himself, but I still feel sorry for him.

Getting too soft.

iv known a couple of people who drank themselves to death 1 of which was an accountant and the problem was that once he was on that ride he just couldnt get off, having said that he got no help as nobody knew, he borrowed 40k went on a world holiday for about 3 months , came back hit the vodka big time to the tune of about a litre a day stayed home saw nobody and was found dead in a chair by his brother. when it catches up with them it happens quite quickly so gazza could be here a week a month a year who knows.

My brother died in March - died of alcholism -tried to get help but in the end came too late. Agree the person has to want to change themselves -seeing someone die from alcholism is absolutely heartbreaking - feel so sorry for his family

I feel for you. My Brother Inlaw died aged 36 from alcoholism. Did not want the help until it was to late.