New compact IR roof spotter

Davyo

Davyo

Another cracking project

Could you give me camera and lens sources please, ie not sure how to get the lens camera bit sorted

Regds Neil

Camera from sure24 they will supply it with the IR filter removed and a choice of lens,12mm is best for driving anything above just makes stuff look too close,hence crashing into bails.Once your used to it and know your perm it's great,I've seen me doing 50 mph ( not recomended) over stubble in total darkness.

***PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME (driving at speed in the dark) ONLY ONE HAY BAIL WAS HURT IN THIS AND ONE WING AND BUMPER**

Edited by Davyo

Camera from sure24 they will supply it with the IR filter removed and a choice of lens,12mm is best for driving anything above just makes stuff look too close,hence crashing into bails.Once your used to it and know your perm it's great,I've seen me doing 50 mph ( not recomended) over stubble in total darkness.

***PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME (driving at speed in the dark) ONLY ONE HAY BAIL WAS HURT IN THIS AND ONE WING AND BUMPER**

Excellent, same camera as the scope version, but what I can't fathom is how to get the 52mm doubler on the camera, which part is reqd ?

Neil

Edited by bubble

Excellent, same camera as the scope version, but what I can't fathom is how to get the 52mm doubler on the camera, which part is reqd ?

Neil

I don't use a doubler on the camera,the doubles was on the T20 but was useless as I got suffient distance with the IR spot.The cameras is just bog standard E700 with a 12mm gives you a drivable view where you a judge your distance.Anything else and you will be forever sticking your head out the window and popping your side lights on.

I don't use a doubler on the camera,the doubles was on the T20 but was useless as I got suffient distance with the IR spot.The cameras is just bog standard E700 with a 12mm gives you a drivable view where you a judge your distance.Anything else and you will be forever sticking your head out the window and popping your side lights on.

Doh :rolleyes:

I thought the top lens was the camera [avec doubler] and the bottom was the IR source :no:

geese's what a plonker :yes:

now I look carefully I can see the error

thanks again

neil

Sorry for being nosy but how did you make the 360 handle?

8mm threaded bar, 4inch piece welded to the bottom,drill 8mm hold in the roof.Put a 2 X 8mm nuts on the bar about 3inches down then a rubber washer . Push the bar up through the roof, the from the outside put on a rubber washer then 2 X 8mm nuts.If done carefully you should get no water getting in but if like me it's just a bus and not a everyday car then it's fine.If you value your car,go out and get Deben kit.

• 2 weeks later...