Netflix

Ricko

Hi

The kids are asking for Netflix.

Can I ask for some advice please,bearing in mind I only got rid of my VHS 2 years ago.

Is it worth it.

Is there anything I should be aware of.

Can more than one film be watched at the same time on different devices?

Cheers

It's not bad for the money. You won't see lots of brand new films on there but there's a decent collection to keep you entertained. At the end of the day, if you don't like it you can cancel, it's not like they force you to sign up for a year or anything. they often run introductory first free month offers too.

Brilliant for series. I think it's expensive, but then thought I'd get it for a couple months while we watch a few box sets. My wife likes the vampirey type carp and I like breaking bad, and we are both watching prison break. Soon as we are through those I will cancel it though as I think it's £6 a month to watch old films which I could buy on the bay for probably £1 and keep forever

I have netflix I have one of those shared accounts you get of ebay a few hiccups at the start but save a bit of money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NETFLIX-12-month-Netflix-account-50-accounts-WARANTEED-REPLACEMENTS-/131255898075?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL&hash=item1e8f760fdb

I always find something worth watching on it but they not really added much new content in the last few months I found..

Edited by Boromir

Not NetFlix but we have Amazon love film - don't use the streaming at all. We do make copious use if the dvd's and BluRay's by post - much newer films available.

You can get a free month of Netflix to try it out - give it a go. You also need a device to play it on - most consoles will run it - ps3/4 Xbox etc. or a PC.

Good deal for the money as stated you wont get a lot of new movies. However the series and stuff for kids is great Im part way through the shield at the moment . Also if you get an IP changer you can use US Netflix with more variety for nothing on top of your normal bill.

I have Netflix and I think it's brilliant. And especially for the money,

First I watched breaking bad which I put up there with the sopranos. And that's saying something.

Then I watched prison break. That too is rite up there.

Iv watched loads of great things on it. I'm half way through the shield now and that is gripping.

I like watching TV and when you want it it's there. Simple.

I'd defiantly get it for the money.

Lee

Kids signed up for it after we got a new tv a few weeks ago. I was a bit undecided at first but am loving it at the moment. Had a real dossy day on the sofa after getting in from shoot on Sunday morning as found OH had taken kids off to her mothers for the day. I don't get a lot of free time to myself so watched 'Lawless', 'The Patriot', 'Beneath Hill 60' and 'The Godfather'. :yes: Godfather was the only one I'd seen before.

You can run it through your smart tv, PS/XBox, Wi etc and can set parental controls which you'll need if you have youngsters, and can trial it for a month. The novelty may wear off eventually, but not being tied means it can be cancelled whenever.

You can't watch on multiple devices, but it is excellent, its £6 a month, not many films great tv, loads of American shows are only available on netflix in the UK.

Yes you can, you can stream to 2 different devices different content. My kids watch things in one room and my wife watches things in the other room, at the same time.

It's great if you have kids. The films are OK, but you get to the stage where you have seen most of the films, and there is very little updated over the months.

£1.25 a week.

what do folks expect ???

Even that is a waste of money if you never use it.

What they rely on is millions of people trying for nothing for 30 days and then forgetting/being too lazy to cancel the payment after that - so a bit like gym memberships :lol:

If you are any way computer litterare you can get everything that is on Netflix and pretty well anything that has ever been on TV and the cimema (quite often before it is at the cinema here) for free on XBMC

Who says you have to pay?! Sign up get your free month if you don't like it cancel it, if you do sign up with other email address ie the wife's, work email, kids emails etc before you know it 4-6 months free ;) lovely jubbly ;)

Edited by DazzJo

Who says you have to pay?! Sign up get your free month if you don't like it cancel it, if you do sign up with other email address ie the wife's, work email, kids emails etc before you know it 4-6 months free ;) lovely jubbly ;)

Don't you have to sign up with a credit card? So next time you try to sign up for a free trial with a card registered to that address they refuse you.

Don't you have to sign up with a credit card? So next time you try to sign up for a free trial with a card registered to that address they refuse you.

Yes that's right Paul but luckily I used my CC, the wife's and works, but I can't use the kids ones as I haven't any :lol:

Yes that's right Paul but luckily I used my CC, the wife's and works, but I can't use the kids ones as I haven't any :lol:

Right. When we tried to sign up for a second trial using my wife's card instead of mine the trial was declined as her card's registered to my address.

If you are any way computer litterare you can get everything that is on Netflix and pretty well anything that has ever been on TV and the cimema (quite often before it is at the cinema here) for free on XBMC

Yep, got my mx2 box with xbmc working well now. Watched inbetweeners 2 on Sunday.