NE wildfowling consents

scolopax

I am wondering how the various clubs get on with the renewal of wildfowling consents across the country?

We had a nightmare five years ago with multiple restrictions imposed on us for very questionable reasons, but NE fell back on their default ' precautionary principle', every time we countered their arguments.

Renewal time now and there is no improvement on five years ago.

Edited by scolopax

Our club has had to stop shooting on 2 of the marshes temporarily (I hope!) Due to NE issues. Really hope they get it sorted soon.

I'm really sorry to hear of your problems with NE. I hope they are sorted soon. Perhaps now people will see why KWCA tackle NE head on, the more you give the more they want. Don't forget who's right behind them pushing as hard as they can, yes you guessed it, the Conservation section. Make no mistake they are out to stop it all. Good luck with your issues.

We had a club meeting last Thursday and as I understand it, there are issues with two sites requesting unreasonable (and actually ludicrous) conditions being imposed - can't shoot weekends for example. These have been bounced back to NE who, to date, have not yet signed the permit and the season starts tomorrow.

Does that sound about right...?