Few Foxes up with Eccles

bullet boy

Well it was another long awaited trip up to see my bud Eccles in beautiful Machynlleth.

I normally don't take nice weather with me but new the forecast was good and it was perfect time for a visit as I was in Hols from work.

I arrived on Sunday evening and we headed out to see if any Foxes were mooching about.After about an hour guess what-it started to rain!Terry said your a jinx you are lol

The following day we headed off early to do a bit a of Crow Shooting and we didn't maybe get as much as we hoped too but we did get some.

That night Terry said we'll go to a Farm he's taken me before with lots of sightings of Fox by the Farmer.Terry's new little Vitara was excellent I gotta say and after we drove up a steep mountain it seemed like we were on Top of the World!

We decided to look around and then headed back down to see a pair of eyes down the banking.I told Terry to knock the Torch off and then put on my superb Archer NV and with a good backstop took the shot and the 50gr Norma bullet hit it's mark!About another 15 mins this other Fox was near his mate and was soon despatched too.

I retrieved them and as we got to the bottom Terry put on the Torch and whispered there's another one in the field.As I first looked I thought it was a cat and whispered that to Terry.He then lip squeaked and this Fox came leaping out of the long reeds and again with a safe shot took that one.

A great trip again and many thanks to my good bud and his wife Chris for feeding me and looking after me again.

post-12095-0-56889400-1409733680_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-39614600-1409733705_thumb.jpg

Good weekend Bud. :good: Will send you the invoice for your B+B you forgot to pay yet again. :lol::lol: And i'll charge you for the fox calling lesson's :lol:

We had a good laugh lads. Marks great company i must say,always great to have him here.

We had a go on the crows but did not manage a great number but I let Mark shoot most of them,and he shot well for a novice. :lol:

The farm we went to foxing iv'e had for a few years a relatives, only ever shot the bottom fields,as i did not have a 4x4 to get up to the top of the mountain.

We shot a few rabbits at the bottom then i said to Mark lets go up there. By gum it was a rough track to and quite steep. We arrived at the top what a view could see for miles.

Plenty of fields, forest white grass etc fox heaven. :) We drove around for a bit just to get some barrings etc its a massive area must be loads of foxes on that ground.

We stopped on a slope looking over to some forests and white grass having a cuppa 1/4. hour before dark. I put the foxpro on roof and called for a few minutes

Quick flick with the nm800 red out of the window, Mark fox where said Mark about 300 between the 2 small forests Mark out like a shot with his 22.250.

But the little monkey would not come out of the high grass,only his head could be seen now and again through the archers,so was left in peace.

We then decided to go back down track before we got lost. :lol: Half way i was lamping out of my window as we went and avoiding the huge ruts in track.

Then said Mark fox cub where he says 30y on my side mxxxxt :lol: Mark tried to get out quiet :lol: grabbing his 22 buy a few sheep behind stopped a safe shot,the cub then came running by us 10y or so and disappeared along a old stone wall.

Said to Mark we will call here for a 1/2 hour. Out with the foxpro calling within a few minutes i spotted a pair foxes eyes off with lamp said Mark fox bloody hell you got eyes like a hawk where ,up there 200y 10y from wall. Mark got down ready said i'll flick on lamp to show you,then get on it with Archer. But again to many sheep behind for safe shot fox then trotted up hill through sheep.

Called again pair of eyes below us Mark fox down on with Archer and Mark nailed it. Waited a few minutes called again another foxes coming up over the ridge heading same direction as the last shot. Mark down again called it up to very near other one Mark took his shot no2 in bag.

Then Mark said i think we should get them said you shot them you fetch them. :lol: if he thought i was walking down there he had better think again. :lol:

Now the bit he missed out :lol: Off Mark goes me watching and laughing as he fell about. He got and found 1 then as he neared other i could see the fox 20y from him sitting thought he wounded that 1 then see him walking towards fox ,foxes walking round him i was ******* myself as his rifle was with me. Then Mark picked up his 2nd fox the 1 we could see was another fox without a care in the world. :lol: Mark came back up knackered puffing and panting did you see that other 1 said yes. Had a cuppa and a laugh on with foxpro another fox to our right but again no safe shot. We then drove down track seeing another as we drove down but it stayed on the ridge with no back stop and only 100y ish :sad1:

Got to the bottom field Mark closed gate to track i walked to fence on with nm800 fox said to Mark fox out there about a hundred yards Flicked on lamp to show Mark where its a cat :sad1: on with archer its a fox Ter said give him a little squeak for a safe shot it came in a bit bang down it went.

Had a fag and took the p out of him and off home,good bit of fun i must say.

See you soon again Mark :) atvb Bud Terry

Edited by eccles

:lol::lol: Sounds like you two had a great time :yes: Some just miss the point in life......you two seem to have it totally sussed :good::good:

Cheers Marc :good: We have a great time bud,its a laugh from the time he arrives till he leaves. :lol:

When he arrives the car is full of kit. :lol: If he arrives in a big van 1 day i'l'l be scared he's come to live here. :lol::lol::lol:

A weekend is enough of him :lol: Great lad really :yes: atb Terry

Edited by eccles

Was the big hill called Broke back mountain? only joking lol. Sounds like you both had a great weekend.

I don't think most people realise how therapeutic wandering around the countryside at night is especially if you have a bit of good company to share it with.

Atb P.T

It sounds like a love in doesn't it?

Was the big hill called Broke back mountain? only joking lol. Sounds like you both had a great weekend.

I don't think most people realise how therapeutic wandering around the countryside at night is especially if you have a bit of good company to share it with.

Atb P.T

Cheers Paul :good: we always have a good laugh bud,its not all about shooting everything. :yes: Will get up there again and take some pics awesome views . :) atb Terry

congratulations lads on a mighty fine hunting session, I admire your willingness to reach the heights ( top of mountain) :lol::lol: :lol:

and please don't mention Breakfast again or I,ll be there like a shot,, :lol::lol:

sounded like a cracking trip out

atb Evo