Thank you Wabbitbosher

Fenny

Hi had arranged a flight tonight but my gun wasn't working a quick trip to Wabbitbosher and its working again took it out this afternoon and had 45 woodies tonight did a flight and had 2 graylag 11 mallard 2 teal and 6 coots part of tonights flight attached yet again a big thanks cheers fenny

post-17922-0-31954200-1409865646_thumb.jpg

first ever pic iv seen of coots... to be honest i didnt really think they where whack-able but they are... well done

what does the coots taste like...??

Apparently very bad and not worth it! article in Shooting times 27th August under sporting answers. mentions cooking it with a bottle of Port then says forget it and drink the Port instead!

first ever pic iv seen of coots... to be honest i didnt really think they where whack-able but they are... well done

what does the coots taste like...??

I was thinking the same, didn't know anyone shot them. Would be interested to hear how they taste also.

I have tried coot , or chicken of the fens as its known in these parts , its really not bad , better in fact than some of the duck I have tried .

The most important thing is to remove all the fat before cooking as its that what makes them taste poor.

If you do a google our friends in the USA are quite partial to them.