Nice walk for some grouse...

Archie-fox

So managed to get out on the moor for a few hours this morning to start my grouse season off..nice and sunny day so met up with Wayne at 9am and headed out....

4B918D92-A534-4A44-8254-54CBA64C2F34_zps

A61D098C-A092-4729-B6BA-F5028CA3E771_zps

Wayne's dogs having a break as it was nice and warm..

F6D8A3C2-6C31-46D5-A41C-565C594B384F_zps

You can just see Wayne about 50 meters away as his dogs worked a few meters ahead..

CC1B9AE4-F95D-40C5-9ED0-27E6D45DCC4B_zps

Soon rewarded with a nice chunky grouse..

5EF26F4F-FBFB-4D62-AD57-B29FC730806D_zps

Finished the day with a first for Wayne he got a right and left grouse...and I only managed one...

Looks a good season must have seen more grouse this year than I've ever seen before we just were selective on the shots....

E137BC87-ED4D-4EFF-AD31-F4F09A67FFDA_zps

Rich.

Superb wee walk by the sounds Rich.

Cheers Dave, not a big bag but a rite and left for Wayne will be a good memory, could have shot 10 more easy but just enjoyed the walk to be honest...nice to watch the dogs work as well, nice mix of a lab and springer on there today...both worked really well...Emma the springer flushed a brace of nice grouse about 40ft from me but the dog was in the line between Wayne and the grouse so just let them fly past, not worth the risk of a few pellets going near the dogs...

Cracking. Word is its set to be the best ever season on grouse and keepers are already talking of cheap late season shooting to reduce any overpopulation and disease occurring

Yea loads about... Really good size, saw the usual hawks patrolling the moor..only did a third of our moor as the sun was out and I was dripping wet, plus we didn't want the dogs doing too much so just a short trip....

Pleasant way to spend the day .. well done lads :good:

Cheers mate...hope all is well..

I had a cracking day mate, one to remember for me.Dogs are absolutely knackered, I don't think Emma's moved yet.

She worked her heart out so did the lab...I've got a sun burnt face!! Glowing on the sofa..if you have that last pic on the rock send it me or put it up so I can save it...bring on the next trip!!