SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so where's Salmonds master plan for independence then? He doesn't have one does he! The plan will be formed over the next two years, AFTER you've decided to split, the Scottish people will be stuck with whatever Salmond decides is best for Scotland but it will be too late to for the Scottish people to influence it. The Scottish people are voting on independence without knowing how it will be achieved, what it will cost them or what currency they'll be buying their shopping with, it's utter madness. The Scottish people really need to wake up and smell the coffee beans because the real bad news will only come after the decision has been made and by then it will be too late, they'll be stuck with it. Look at the crazy comments made by SNP recently, "we'll nationalise BP", "we'll ban redundancies without 2 years notice", "day of reckoning for businesses", ha ha that must sound great to the flag waving Yes camp but it's a perfect way to scare off investment!

I find it incredible that so many people can be mislead so easily... :rolleyes:

Mike - little point stating the obvious to anyone with a modicum of common-sense. Many don't want to hear facts.

If facts caution against a Yes", they just ignore them.

+1 :good:

Always the same response isn't it, "bluff and bluster", "scare mongering" or "bullying".. :rolleyes:

Roll on Friday I'm getting fed up with it now I have looked very hard into both sides and it's a massive yes for me for to many lies from Westminster and the bbc for me to even consider a no vote,

Mark, there are plenty of other sources of information other than the BBC.

Is Deutsche Bank's announcement "that independence "would go down in history as a political and economic mistake" as large as those that caused the Great Depression" westminster lies?

I hope you're drawing up your list of public sector workers you'll be paying off first.

We're definitely Better Together.

Is Deutsche Bank's announcement "that independence "would go down in history as a political and economic mistake" as large as those that caused the Great Depression" westminster lies?

Typically, SNP are already blaming that one on "pressure" from Westminster.. sadly, people will believe them :rolleyes:

Scotland is currently an energy exported.

I have just worked out that if One of our big four power stations goes down, which they do....

..then we have to import from England at whatever price they want to set.

Two nuclear stations and biggest coal station are due to be de-commissioned in 9 years, and Salmond is not building any more.

We are completely shafted with a yes vote.

Why would you even consider Devo Max.

It's a cop out... It marks you down as a weak, scared, irrelevant little country, too scared to really go it alone.

If you want an independent Scotland, vote for it next week...then say your goodbyes, pack your bags, pick up your toys...and **** off.

No pound, No NATO, No EU, No Euro, No diplomatic base, No Devo Max...nothing, nada, **** all.

You'll be a new country, so make a new start WITHOUT relying on the 'auld enemy', its currency, and its network of friends and allies. Though I feel for the genuine Scots who can see beyond Salmond, and his 'vision' for the future, I'm sick and tired of the anti English, rhetoric coming from north of the border.

So vote for independence if you want it. Not a half baked idea of independence like Devo Max. That would be truly pathetic.

Why would you even consider Devo Max.

It's a cop out... It marks you down as a weak, scared, irrelevant little country, too scared to really go it alone.

If you want an independent Scotland, vote for it next week...then say your goodbyes, pack your bags, pick up your toys...and **** off.

No pound, No NATO, No EU, No Euro, No diplomatic base, No Devo Max...nothing, nada, **** all.

You'll be a new country, so make a new start WITHOUT relying on the 'auld enemy', its currency, and its network of friends and allies. Though I feel for the genuine Scots who can see beyond Salmond, and his 'vision' for the future, I'm sick and tired of the anti English, rhetoric coming from north of the border.

So vote for independence if you want it. Not a half baked idea of independence like Devo Max. That would be truly pathetic.

Absolutely spot on,although the anti feeling isnt all one way fella.

Absolutely spot on,although the anti feeling isnt all one way fella.

Agreed.

There's always been banter between the home nations, but some of what's being said now takes things to another level.

Salmond has fought his campaign as an attack on Westminster and the perceived 'english' parliament, rather than actually highlighting the benefits of an independent Scotland. Could it be that there aren't actually that many benefits in his plan?

Negative politics from both camps has ruined what could, and should have been, a positive, forward thinking debate on the pros and cons of independence.

It seems to have descended into a bitter, ugly slanging match which has divided countries, communities and probably families too.

Sad, but probably what Salmond was banking on when he set out on his crusade.

On a brighter note, at least we've got the Clacton by election to look forward to!! :yes:

I am beginning to wonder if there will be some nasty scenes if the result is no.

The Nationalists are certainly ramping up the pressure and verbal hostilities against anyone who disagrees with them.

It will be a total balls up. While we don't know the final result, we can be fairly certain that roughly half of Scotland will have a result they don't want.

I feel for the no voters if there is a yes result by a small margin. They will have all this upheaval thrown upon them - possibly losing their livelihoods - retirement in question, house prices possibly going down the tubes - lots of uncertainty. There should have been a 2/3 majority for such an important decision. If it is close as it looks like it will be, there will be no winners in Scotland.

Sure, in the long run it may well pan out - but not everyone has the time left to weather it through, and certainly did not see this coming when planning for their futures.

I really do hope we **** off away from all you lot , nobody will need to clear up after us. There must be some reason yous lot want us to stay in the uk ???

Sorry, not me, not any more, a red line has been crossed as they say. too many insults, too much selfishness, too little 'us'.

2,500,000 in work in Scotland - the rest are drawing.

Of the 2,500,000 in work, 20% of those (over 500,000) are in public sector jobs.

Let's get those jobs South of the border with all the banks and cut the apron strings.

Free university education and prescriptions not enough and want more? Do me a monkey. On your way.....

Friend of mine lives in East KIlbride, staunch union man, (T&G type not scotland/england type)

Can't believe anything but a separate Scotland,

When I mention the 800 jobs at Faslane would go, and all the local jobs that depend on Faslane, I even compared it to when the tyne lost the shipyards and the devastation that caused.

His reply........" I look forward to the day that the submarine base closes"

Strange outlook.....

:shaun: