Adding a hob!

dibbz2000

Ive had a small polecat Jill for 12 months now, and Ive just aquired a 2yr old Hob. He's a big chap almost twice her size. The hutch and court I have my jill in is plenty big enough for more ferts but ive just put them together for the first time now in a small play pen thing I have and they started sqeaking and sniffing each other, followed shortly by the hob biting the jill on the neck, although the jill did not look 2 botherd by this.

Is this normal behavior when mixing the 2. Ive got them in seperate pens for tonight, Is it wise moving them intogether into the larger enclosure, or are they going to hurt each other. If the Hob hurts my Jill ther will be hell to pay!!!

Any advice appreciated!

Basically the hob is trying to mate with her... and will carry on this behavious untill october, unless he is castrated or separated otherwise you will end up with 10+ ferrets kits on your hands.

He will keep grabbin the back of her neck untill it scabs up if left together.

My advice, separate them, unless you want to breed, and my advice to that is,,, dont unless you have homes for them#

:good:

Keep hobs away from jills unless you intend to mate them.

The hob will bully the jill constantly.

I have told the story on here before of a friend who put a young hob in with three jills just overnight and the hob was chasing them round immediately.

He came down in the morning and the hob was dead, they had killed him.

Thats what you call Girl Power.