woodburner fan

p-a-s

I bought one in Canada when they first came out. I was sceptical as I thought it was just a nice gimmick to look at, a bit like the dog with the wobbly head in the back of the car, the dipping bird and those stainless steel balls on a string that bang into each other...

I was right it was... just for my own satisfaction I did a little experiment and put a digital thermometer in each corner of the room.... it made but a **** of difference..in fact the heat was more readily dissipated when the log burner was going and the doors open.

Eco fan says it saves fuel but that's a Physical impossibility and completely contrary to Einstein's theory of relativity. All it was doing was producing positive room pressure and pushing the heated air out of the room more quickly.

I chucked it in the Garage with some other junk and from there it went in the skip when I cleared the garage out last year..

I wouldn't waste your money to be honest buy 1/2 a dozen bags of heat logs or a nodding dog for the mantle piece. :lol:

I bought one in Canada when they first came out. I was sceptical as I thought it was just a nice gimmick to look at, a bit like the dog with the wobbly head in the back of the car, the dipping bird and those stainless steel balls on a string that bang into each other...

I was right it was... just for my own satisfaction I did a little experiment and put a digital thermometer in each corner of the room.... it made but a **** of difference..in fact the heat was more readily dissipated when the log burner was going and the doors open.

Eco fan says it saves fuel but that's a Physical impossibility and completely contrary to Einstein's theory of relativity. All it was doing was producing positive room pressure and pushing the heated air out of the room more quickly.

I chucked it in the Garage with some other junk and from there it went in the skip when I cleared the garage out last year..

I wouldn't waste your money to be honest buy 1/2 a dozen bags of heat logs or a nodding dog for the mantle piece. :lol:

It's got nowt to do with relativity, and in no way can they increase air pressure in a room. They just have an influence on the movement of heated air rather than leaving it to convection.

I imagine thst the fuel saving is a bit of a red herring but they will certainly help prevent hot air being trapped on the ceiling so the room should feel warmer with the same amount of fuel.

I'm planning on getting in the express hope that the heat will leave the room and get to other parts of the house!

It's got nowt to do with relativity, and in no way can they increase air pressure in a room. They just have an influence on the movement of heated air rather than leaving it to convection.

I imagine thst the fuel saving is a bit of a red herring but they will certainly help prevent hot air being trapped on the ceiling so the room should feel warmer with the same amount of fuel.

I'm planning on getting in the express hope that the heat will leave the room and get to other parts of the house!

Leave the doors open then and save yourself 50 quid..

Just plug a regular fan in and leave on low for ten minutes it will push the warm air wherever you want it to.

Lad at work now has two and swears by them. He bought the biggest ones so it moves more air, he reasoned it moved warm air round his bungalow and cut down on feeling the cold draughts.

Figgy

Just plug a regular fan in and leave on low for ten minutes it will push the warm air wherever you want it to.

Lad at work now has two and swears by them. He bought the biggest ones so it moves more air, he reasoned it moved warm air round his bungalow and cut down on feeling the cold draughts.

Figgy

Yes but these dont cost anything to run.