Iraq Apache Video

Jonnyni

Did you see a gun?

I didn't.

No, international law does state that you cannot execute a wounded combatant who poses no threat. But how could the helicopter crew know he was no threat? Maybe the all the WMD`s that no one can find were in his pocket.

My view on the situation is that more worringly. The vehicle on the left is a tractor in a field (note the hot exhaust and the mower it is towing). Most agricultural activities take place during daylight and the optics on the apache are more powerful in visual than thermal. Therfore they must of had eyes on these people.

Were did you find this Jonny? Not something that i can imagine they are keen to be showing.

My view on the situation is that more worringly. The vehicle on the left is a tractor in a field (note the hot exhaust and the mower it is towing). Most agricultural activities take place during daylight and the optics on the apache are more powerful in visual than thermal. Therfore they must of had eyes on these people.

Were did you find this Jonny? Not something that i can imagine they are keen to be showing.

Thats where all the people from camp X-ray went... :beer:

Sick ********.

I can't believe that they shot the bloke they had injured. There are only three places that you can shoot a human that will put them out of a figt: Head, Heart and thigh. That guy had a leg missing and was _no_ threat to them and was trying to hide under the truck.

They didn't even have weapons.

******* murderers.

Another good reason for them to be tried for war crimes. I mean, yougive them a gun and they think they're god. They'll shoot anything.

My disgust for some US soldiers is growing again.

Wookie

The white splots must be the body parts and blood if it is a thermal camera.

What they were saying sickened me "Yeah, I saw that guy blow up earlyer," and something about body parts flying about.

I can grallock a deer without so much of a flinch, but that has made me feal ill, even if it is black and white.

:beer:

When I first saw that video clip, it was part of a longer sequence and was supposedly Al Khaida members in Afghanastan, attending clandestine meetings.

There is another clip of about 20 men leaving a building.

A US Rangers unit (probably 2 men), had them under observation and called in the helicopters.

I believe the "spotting" voice you can hear, is an on the ground observer.

I,m suprised at the indignation.

Who said war was fair.

If there were any serving soldiers reading this Forum, I,m sure they could acquaint us with the current "Rules of Engagement".

I suspect that shooting wounded enemy soldiers, is one of the many "grey areas".

I don,t think any of us really want to know what the SAS and other Special Forces get up to.

Just be grateful they do.

I am. :huh: