Iraq Apache Video

Jonnyni

But shooting the injured bloke was illeagle.

Red, just playing devils advocate, say you are in the forces, and are rightly alittle scared when you meet a troop of enemy foot soldiers. :lol::lol:

You find yourself head to head with one in the battle - take a shot and hit him in the leg - :lol: he is now wounded :/ he raises his AK47 (baddies all have AK47's) to shoot you dead do you:-

1. say "hang on just a minute old fruit, your hurt, I can't shot you now" and die in a rain of gun fire - but morally right

or

2. Empty the rest of your magazine into him - and live

Maybe doen't apply in this situation - but answers your question... :lol::D:D

Hi Guys,

The chaps in my office have all been looking at this video clip this morning and it has brought back memories of being in a similar situation of incoming friendly fire from our friends across the pond.

Not wanting to sound patronising to those who have not been in combat, but the rules of self preservation apply, kill or be killed. That said, the AH-64 is an amazing fire power platform and a definate overkill in this situation. I have experienced the gungho attitude of our allies and it is frightening.

Unfortunately I haven't got a sound card in my office PC so I will be running it again tonight when I get home, but I can imagine what the commentary will be already! It does appear that the casualties were unecessarily killed.

Regards

Rimfire