Should Vaping, e-smoking, be allowed in public?

KFC

Vaping in public  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should vaping be outlawed the same as Tobacco smoking?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

As an ex-smoker I find getting a faceful of someone else's smoke really annoying, even if it is from an e-cigarette.

If I wanted to smoke then I would but I don't so I don't see why I should have to put up with other peoples fumes.

I was at an outdoor concert a while ago and there was a family of five sat in front of me all puffing great clouds of smoke. They were swapping pipes and sending out so much smoke that I had to move because I couldn't stand the smell and it created such a smoke-screen that I could hardly see the stage.

I say make e-smoking subject to the same rules as Tobacco. What is the opinion of the PW massive?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an ex-smoker I find getting a faceful of someone else's smoke really annoying, even if it is from an e-cigarette.

If I wanted to smoke then I would but I don't so I don't see why I should have to put up with other peoples fumes.

I was at an outdoor concert a while ago and there was a family of five sat in front of me all puffing great clouds of smoke. They were swapping pipes and sending out so much smoke that I had to move because I couldn't stand the smell and it created such a smoke-screen that I could hardly see the stage.

I say make e-smoking subject to the same rules as Tobacco. What is the opinion of the PW massive?

Nothing worse than an ex-smoker. Ban everything because you don't like it.

I don't like having to breath in car fumes which are a bigger issue than burning some dried leaves but I don't try and ban it.

You were in an outdoor concert, so move. People don't like shooting and they want it banned, how are you any different?

its still smoking, if it was a tool to stop smoking then perhaps but its not is it? its another seemingly more fashionable way to smoke and used to break the rules such as smoking in public places or buildings so my view treat it the same as a cancer stick.

KW

Being outdoors is no reason to do it. Be at a bus stop with a smoker, its ok I will leave and you carry on. Don't worry about considering anyone else, it's ok your hobby is more important and thank you for being part of a considerate society. I don't smoke, never have. If someone does I ask them to move on from wherever I am especially if my daughter is with me. Consideration costs nothing but normally means giving a toss about . other than yourself and how your actions affect others

No it is not smoking, what you breath in is water vapour with nicotine in it. all an ecig delivers is steam and a measured amount of nicotine. it does not burn anything so there is no smoke.

having said that yes i can understand why people do not wish to breath this vapour.

It can't be smoking because it ain't smoke, it's vapour. The vapour doesn't smell of cigarette smoke, nor does it linger on clothing. People often comment how nice my apple, blackberry and bubble gum mix smells.

Vapour with nicotine and who knows what else.

Quite frankly, I can't see how smoking anything can still be legal.

Being outdoors is no reason to do it. Be at a bus stop with a smoker, its ok I will leave and you carry on. Don't worry about considering anyone else, it's ok your hobby is more important and thank you for being part of a considerate society. I don't smoke, never have. If someone does I ask them to move on from wherever I am especially if my daughter is with me. Consideration costs nothing but normally means giving a toss about . other than yourself and how your actions affect others

Did you ever think what the exhaust from the bus will do to your daughter? So burning fossil fuels is fine but burning a few dried leaves is going to massively affect other people?

Don't get your thought process.

I just don't like the idea that everything should be legislated against because it offends the sensitivities of a few. Where do you draw the line?

I also recognise that i am being a hypocrite in this because i welcomed the ban on smoking indoors, having never smoked i always found the lingering smell from other smokers on my clothes obnoxious, but how far do you go?

Indoors I think they should be subjected to the same controls as regular smoking, outdoors much less so. If it is a crowded area like a football terrace or music event where folk are cheek by jowl then fair enough, but should that include parks or the beach or walking down the road?

I think that we do have to be tolerant and considerate of others, but that has to go both ways.

Personally I would rather ban short people from using umbrellas before anything else.

I guess its acceptance of risk, I accept the carcinogens from bbq,cars and alike but not smoking or vaps in a public space enclosed or otherwise. I like knocking one out but wait til I get home, smokers could try the same??

Can't see how "knocking" one out and having a cigarette can be compared.....

I guess its acceptance of risk, I accept the carcinogens from bbq,cars and alike but not smoking or vaps in a public space enclosed or otherwise. I like knocking one out but wait til I get home, smokers could try the same??

Odd that you accept things far worse than smoking, is that because they benefit you and just you don't like smoking you are predudice?

As for what you do in your spare time it's upto you and I wouldn't want to ban you from what you enjoy doing.

If I played the trumpet, albeit badly and followed you around I am sure it would be annoying, no matter how much fun I was having...at your expense. As said, consideration and impact on others.

Once again your example does not really compare to smoking does it? Noise vs smell? Not really comparable