Should Vaping, e-smoking, be allowed in public?

KFC

Vaping in public  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should vaping be outlawed the same as Tobacco smoking?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough mate wasnt having a dig at you just at people in general i just feel anything that could be thought of as enjoyable is either taxed to death or banned these days

Sorry mate it was a back-handed agreement to your post, have another look. I meant 'Hard Core smokers at my end by the way so don't see many E-thingies. :good:

Regards

Edited by STOTTO

Nothing worse than an ex-smoker. Ban everything because you don't like it.

I don't like having to breath in car fumes which are a bigger issue than burning some dried leaves but I don't try and ban it.

"YOU WERE IN AN OUTDOOR CONCERT, SO MOVE".

I disagree. Yes i'm a non smoker, and always have been. In my opinion, it's a dirty habit that makes your clothes smell like a tramp! Your breath smell like a dog ****, and it gives your teeth a similar shade.. I put smokers in similar league as any other "druggie"

BUT! I voted that "E-Smoking" is fine in public at the moment. After all, at THIS time E-Smoking

doesn't have the disgusting smell, and hasn't been proven, (YET) to have the potential health risks

that a "normal" person would have, if subjected to the usual nicotine "addict". Why

should non smokers have to move for the likes of addicts? Have some respect for others who are not drug addicts, and do not want to smell like a dirty ashtray, and MOVE

yourself! After all, you are the dirty addict!

Just another opinion... :-)

Edited by jam1e

My opinion is tainted on this since ive opened one up. not pretty. id advise anyone who thinks of smoking them to do the same, i and all my friends who was present swear not to smoke them and a few mates actualy chucked the remainding ones they owned. even new ones we. They are nasty. looks like a battery with some thick ink looking stuff that stinks to high heavans of somthing like nail polish remover. the taste.. is from a oil sented cotton like filter near the mouth peice.. just take a look for ur self and see what im banging on about. if someone blew it in my face id be extremely upset (and im a ciggerette smoker and id not smoke around none smokers. . . i dont smoke in my house atall. garden jobbie, id politly inform anyone who tried to smoke one around me that i dislike them and ask them not to do it.

Regards,

matt.

Did you ever think what the exhaust from the bus will do to your daughter? So burning fossil fuels is fine but burning a few dried leaves is going to massively affect other people?

Don't get your thought process.

"Yea man, I just don't get it"..... You'll be trying to sell the point that smoking the resin from the poppy plant is fine as well next. They're all drugs "man"! :lol:

I disagree. Yes i'm a non smoker, and always have been. In my opinion, it's a dirty habit that makes your clothes smell like a tramp! Your breath smell like a dog ****, and it gives your teeth a similar shade.. I put smokers in similar league as any other "druggie"

BUT! I voted that "E-Smoking" is fine in public at the moment. After all, at THIS time E-Smoking

doesn't have the disgusting smell, and hasn't been proven, (YET) to have the potential health risks

that a "normal" person would have, if subjected to the usual nicotine "addict". Why

should non smokers have to move for the likes of addicts? Have some respect for others who are not drug addicts, and do not want to smell like a dirty ashtray, and MOVE

Just another opinion... :-)

i should stay out of this one but i just wanted to point out ur one fine person for generalizations yet Ur singling out people who are sick with addictions asif they where the animals you where comparing them to.

Bit harsh :/.

Im outy not involved in this just had to point this out! lol.

Matt.

I packed in smoking 2 years ago, using a variety of e liquids in a vaping unit.

Eventually I was vaping the nicotine free e liquid, in a variety of flavours, just enjoyed going thru the motions.

Just thought it was worth pointing out that not all vapers are using nicotine.

Also a bit narrow minded about people's rights to smoke or vape in public, due to the emissions potentially entering your nose.

Our industry and vehicle emissions pose a greater threat!

OK. So you would be happy to sit with your nose next to my exhaust while I leave it ticking over for 3-5 minutes?

I do believe you may be a tad irritated by then...

So if you had children, you would be happy to have them taught by a chain smoker in a small classroom??

I have 2 children, and I smoke, not in the house and not around them? Going to say I'm a bad parent now? Chain smoking teacher in a small class room? Lost me on that I'm afraid

OK. So you would be happy to sit with your nose next to my exhaust while I leave it ticking over for 3-5 minutes?

I do believe you may be a tad irritated by then...

The examples on here are fantastic

I have 2 children, and I smoke, not in the house and not around them? Going to say I'm a bad parent now? Chain smoking teacher in a small class room? Lost me on that I'm afraid

The examples on here are fantastic

Firstly I would never state anyone is a "bad parent" without good evidence. However, unless you live in a dream world, without a doubt your children either know you smoke, or will know you smoke at an early age, by your stale "fag" breath, or the stale smell of your clothes, or more than likely by pure observation. Do you think, by smoking, you are setting a good example as a parent? Would you mind if your children are smokers? Would you be happy if they come home with a nicotine E-Cigarette?

And as for "Lost me on that one". You drug addicts may not be aware, that some "normal" people like to sit in the sunshine in a pub garden having a few drinks on a warm afternoon. And it can soon be spoilt by another addict like YOU lighting up some 1 to 2 metres from you puffing away, to get his fix. After all, the poor fellow may be "clucking"! :whistling: Without a care in the world, bar getting his or her "fix". This actually happened to a couple, (thankfully) a few yards away from my wife and I, this Sunday afternoon. I felt very sorry for them, as they clearly didn't want to confront said "druggie". Personally, i'd probably have poured my hot gravy boat over the low life's head. But obviously i'm joking! :D

No matter what way you Nicotine "Addicts" try to mould it, it's a disgusting dirty habit, for people of little or no willpower. And your dirty addiction is likely to be taken up by your children......

Enough said, I'm off for a snort.... Of sherbet that is..... :yes:

My opinion is tainted on this since ive opened one up. not pretty. id advise anyone who thinks of smoking them to do the same, i and all my friends who was present swear not to smoke them and a few mates actualy chucked the remainding ones they owned. even new ones we. They are nasty. looks like a battery with some thick ink looking stuff that stinks to high heavans of somthing like nail polish remover. the taste.. is from a oil sented cotton like filter near the mouth peice.. just take a look for ur self and see what im banging on about. if someone blew it in my face id be extremely upset (and im a ciggerette smoker and id not smoke around none smokers. . . i dont smoke in my house atall. garden jobbie, id politly inform anyone who tried to smoke one around me that i dislike them and ask them not to do it.

Regards,

matt.

Have to respect that Matt.

Fair play to you! :good:

Jamie

Referring too people who smoke as addicts and druggies, you sir are an idiot, caffeine is a drug also doesn't make people who drink coffee druggies and addicts same for alcohol just because they consume a legal drug in any form does not mean there junkie's does it

ad·dic·tion
əˈdikSHən/
noun
  1. the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.
    "he committed the theft to finance his drug addiction"
    synonyms: dependency, dependence, habit, problem More

ad·dic·tion

əˈdikSHən/

noun

•  

the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.

"he committed the theft to finance his drug addiction"

synonyms: dependency, dependence, habit, problem More

Yes I know its a addiction and technically makes addicts but who refers to people who take any legal drug a druggie that's where my example of coffee came in ;)

i should stay out of this one but i just wanted to point out ur one fine person for generalizations yet Ur singling out people who are sick with addictions asif they where the animals you where comparing them to.

Matt.

My Statement is below Matt.

How am I generalising? Where have I compared smokers to animals?

I based my facts on numerous people, 2 of which are my friends. Their breath smells terrible, as do their clothes. one has stained teeth, as would the other, but he spends money on having the stains removed. They don't smoke near me, as I tell them to p***-off away from me. But I get the stinking after affects mentioned, which to me is disgusting. :sick:

It's an addiction. Like any other addiction. Am I stating they would go out and rob an old lady for her purse to buy heroin? Cause not. But having worked in a job for a very long time, where I came into almost daily contact with heroin addicts; do I think one is easier to quit than the other? Absolutely not.

As for smokers being people who are "sick with addictions". I think you'll find some people enjoy smoking, (which is their right) and would find your comment about being "sick" more offensive?? However, to answer that point, we all have choices, people who were stupid enough to smoke, are now mostly addicted.

I have to say though Matt, you have to be one of the most polite people I've met on PW. It's a refreshing change! :good:

I'm bored of the smoking thing now, so i'm off for a drink! :lol:

Jamie

"I disagree. Yes i'm a non smoker, and always have been. In my opinion, it's a dirty habit that makes your clothes smell like a tramp! Your breath smell like a dog ****, and it gives your teeth a similar shade.. I put smokers in similar league as any other "druggie"

Just another opinion... "

Yes I know its a addiction and technically makes addicts but who refers to people who take any legal drug a druggie that's where my example of coffee came in ;)

Unfortunately the chemicals in cigarettes produce an addiction far stronger than most other substances,you can have a cup of coffee and then leave it,the same as a pint,and granted a minority do become addicted, but with cigarettes you can be hooked very quickly it is habit forming and very difficult to quit for most.

Like it or not smoking is an addiction.

I used to smoke and quite heavily and quit twice, once for 3 years and then started again that is how powerful the addiction is.

Rob,9 years cigarette free :)

Unfortunately the chemicals in cigarettes produce an addiction far stronger than most other substances,you can have a cup of coffee and then leave it,the same as a pint,and granted a minority do become addicted, but with cigarettes you can be hooked very quickly it is habit forming and very difficult to quit for most.

Like it or not smoking is an addiction.

I used to smoke and quite heavily and quit twice, once for 3 years and then started again that is how powerful the addiction is.

Rob,9 years cigarette free :)

I agree, just see the labelling of druggie abit ott, well done on the quiting, how long did you smoke for before quiting? Take it you went the cold turkey method?

Matt.

I based my facts on numerous people, 2 of which are my friends. Their breath smells terrible, as do their clothes. one has stained teeth, as would the other, but he spends money on having the stains removed. They don't smoke near me, as I tell them to p***-off away from me. But I get the stinking after affects mentioned, which to me is disgusting. :sick:

It's an addiction. Like any other addiction. Am I stating they would go out and rob an old lady for her purse to buy heroin? Cause not. But having worked in a job for a very long time, where I came into almost daily contact with heroin addicts; do I think one is easier to quit than the other? Absolutely not.

As for smokers being people who are "sick with addictions". I think you'll find some people enjoy smoking, (which is their right) and would find your comment about being "sick" more offensive?? However, to answer that point, we all have choices, people who were stupid enough to smoke, are now mostly addicted.

I have to say though Matt, you have to be one of the most polite people I've met on PW. It's a refreshing change! :good:

Jamie

"I disagree. Yes i'm a non smoker, and always have been. In my opinion, it's a dirty habit that makes your clothes smell like a tramp! Your breath smell like a dog ****, and it gives your teeth a similar shade.. I put smokers in similar league as any other "druggie"

Matt.

Jamie

In all honesty i was going to leave it i couldnt be bothered but since i did i will also reply, So here i go,

Would you have called ur two mates u based it upon tramps to there faces? if so then i think thats nasty, if not i think thats nasty, either way.. mannors towards strangers is appreciated and kind but towards friends. well your lucky to have such great friends haha :)..

It was just alarming to me the way you said give some respect to none smokers like it made a difference all people should be given a humane amount of respect, im not saying any more i was just meaning to point out that, not having a pop. was just an outside perception.

also where you said the likes of adicts etc, just the hole way you had worded it was a little meh, i was also only refering in my mention of sick that addicted people find that the addiction itself is a sickness and that if they had the choice they would go back and never have touched it in the first place etc. thats why i find people say a recovering addict or so on. . I have been smoking since the age of 16 and ive cut down and quit but unfortunatly a few months later i was smoking again. i think after diving through the various discussions that take place on PW im going to have to just leave my opinion in my head and just comment on the ones i have possitive stuff to say, i hope i didnt cause offence i just wanted to point it out. The animal part was about a dogs something haha :)

Regards bro,

Matt.

I agree, just see the labelling of druggie abit ott, well done on the quiting, how long did you smoke for before quiting? Take it you went the cold turkey method?

I smoked from when I joined the Army at 17, (you learn quickly that smokers get breaks while others run around putting thing away,) until I was 39 I did go cold turkey when I was 30 and stopped for 3 years,but a wet night on exercise and a tank buried in the mud was the last straw,when the REME offered me a mug of tea and a fag I gladly accepted both.

The last time I stopped was a hypnotist she charged £89.50 and when I was listening to her I thought it was the most rubbish 15 mins of my life,when she brought me round it was over an hour and I had been crying( apparently she told me to imagine telling my wife and kids I was dying of lung cancer because I smoked) and I have never wanted to smoke again, and I did 30-40 a day and some fine cigars on a weekend.

Food tastes better,you smell better,your lungs work better,your heart functions better,you can spend more on guns ;) it's a win win situation when you stop.

I converted to the evapour six months ago and breathe much easier and feel healthier now as for in public "so what" you don't like my vapour well move away, why should my rights be affected by you if you don't like it do one and leave me in peace. As for usage in pubs clubs etc it's up to the owner if you don't like it leave. yes but they start kids smoking, do you realy think evapours will start kids smoking and mtv won't get a grip. My health will suffer, sell your car then it causes more harmful emissions than a thousand vapour users .Why should I have to put up with it's smell, why should I put up with the smell of your old spice.Yes ban it it's harmful, well ban every 4x4 not used for aggriculture. We live in a world of whingers what next ban hunting! Can't wait until they find selfminded misguided morality is bad for you I'll sign.