Best morning out on the geese ever !!!

the pigeon man

Whatever you go on about, it does not change the fact you have just admitted that yourself, and your game dealer have comitted many crimes!

You should not have posted it if you where not prepared to take an ear bashing.

He has not admitted to any wrong doing. Where does it say the geese were sold???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met the pigeon man earlier today great lad didnt know he was on here was with a mate dropping off some 28gauge shells with a mate. Had a good chat must say a genuine bloke. And very pleasant well mannerd and polite. Hope the teal deecs work well fot you i have a few on my flight pond and there pulling the birds in. Hope you enjoy the partridge.

He's a dodgy geezer... :-)

if he wants to give geese to his game dealer I can't see the problem. I can't see anywhere in his post that he accepted money , ie selling geese to a game dealer is very different to a game dealer taking geese of somone. Why do you always feel the need to read between the lines and then start accusing people of all sorts. For somone who seems very politically correct you very rarely are so.

Yes quite right innocent until proven guilty. Where are the facts? Um, I wonder what the game dealer did with them. Probably ate them himself!

if he wants to give geese to his game dealer I can't see the problem. I can't see anywhere in his post that he accepted money , ie selling geese to a game dealer is very different to a game dealer taking geese of somone. Why do you always feel the need to read between the lines and then start accusing people of all sorts. For somone who seems very politically correct you very rarely are so.

And the game dealer prepped them and gave them away? Yeah right businesses do that all the time. Got to leave this now I have a delivery of steel coming for free, I am going to measure it, cut it up weld it and give it away myself :rolleyes:

Yes quite right innocent until proven guilty. Where are the facts? Um, I wonder what the game dealer did with them. Probably ate them himself!

Not on PW you are guilty from the start.

I don't get the "above 10 is slaughter" it's slaughter if it's 1 or 100 makes no difference. If I take 1 pig to the abattoir it's not slaughter but 11 is, what should I call it then?

Good bag nothing wasted well done.

Personally I don't think that is too many geese for the amount of shooters. Too many people on here go nuts about decent bags of geese, but get congratulated on 10+ bags of ducks, and 100+ bags of pigeons.

We go away for the geese once a year, I will not get a chance at a goose probably again all season, if I can get 10 geese on one day I will. Most of my trips involve a blank or one or two birds.

None of these birds have gone to waste from what I have been reading, so what's the issue? Everybody is more than entitled to their opinions, and on an open forum that's what people are going to get.

Those boys may not have a flight/morning like that again all season, hopefully in the future, if they do, they will remember the day above and shoot less. That's what I would do, what I cannot stand and what makes my blood boil is geese getting shot, then thrown in a gutter! Disgusting attitude towards quarry even if it is a "pest" if you arent going to eat it, or know someone who will, don't shoot them.

People in different areas of the country have totally different numbers of geese, only they can judge what is right number to shoot and what is not.

I know personally the birds werent sold to a game dealer as i was offerd a few birds. So the numpty who saying there sold get off your high horse put your dummy back in and get facts before accusing.

Give the guy a break. Christ isnt this suppose to be a friendly forum to help, congratulate and share are experiences?

Instead it seems like im in the presence of over hormonal very sensitive woman

I know personally the birds werent sold to a game dealer as i was offerd a few birds. So the numpty who saying there sold get off your high horse put your dummy back in and get facts before accusing.

Give the guy a break. Christ isnt this suppose to be a friendly forum to help, congratulate and share are experiences?

Instead it seems like im in the presence of over hormonal very sensitive woman

I think you need to read all the thread before calling people numpties , no one has accused pigeon man of selling geese , someone else had mentioned taking geese to a game dealer and it was he who was receiving some flack .

And the game dealer prepped them and gave them away? Yeah right businesses do that all the time. Got to leave this now I have a delivery of steel coming for free, I am going to measure it, cut it up weld it and give it away myself :rolleyes:

My rack is getting empty kent, can you give me some.

My rack is getting empty kent, can you give me some.

Depending on what size you are cutting it i will have some as well, I guess your welding is upto scratch I would not want any rubbish. Can you deliver :whistling:

I think you need to read all the thread before calling people numpties , no one has accused pigeon man of selling geese , someone else had mentioned taking geese to a game dealer and it was he who was receiving some flack .

I have read all the pages on this post. So i dont know why game dealer or selling was even mentioned.

Yes it may seem extreme shooting that many birds but we all know how much damage canadas can cause

I have read all the pages on this post. So i dont know why game dealer or selling was even mentioned.

Yes it may seem extreme shooting that many birds but we all know how much damage canadas can cause

The reason some don't like vast amounts killed is geese just don't reproduce like other birds. Damage by geese can be managed very well by taking a few single birds out of a skien and yes doing a bit of scaring, going for doubles and triples doesn't prevent any more damage until the population crashes. Don't compare them with pigeons, we wiped out the native breeding Greylag only 100 years ago and WAGBI built the numbers slowly back- people go on about the Canada but lets face it they give a lot of sport to many and were brought here because frankly they are fine looking birds to have around the place.

How much better is the "sport" to have 46 over a few brace each in a day

Read post 25 again. Selling geese has nothing to do with the pigeon man. The post went a bit off track