Best morning out on the geese ever !!!

the pigeon man

One of my favourite recipes if I ain't selling them that is, is to place the goose in a large tin with two clean house bricks at either end. Cook in a moderate oven for9 hours basting all the time and the bricks.

After 9 hours (adjust to suit your oven) take the bird out, make gravy from the juices, throw the bird away and eat the bricks!

;-)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada can eat very well (though wildfowl largely reflect in taste what they have been feeding on) birds off stubble, grass or saltmarsh should all be excellent though I don't recommend those of a sewage works :sick: .

I don't cook Canada as a goose and far prefer it as a low fat beef substitute. Remove the breast and slice across the breast thinly so you cut 90 degrees to the muscle fibre, Spag bol. curries meat and potato pies etc. Nothing wrong with beef Bisto gravy but avoid chicken type.

Accompanying herbs I like coriander and thyme for it (fresh if possible) and also fresh ground pepper.

Grey geese are far lighter meat than Canada but still consider cutting the meat off across the grain if you have an old bird with a beak as hard as a pick or if your not eating it off the bone (besides other considerations Geese can be a bit big to cook whole for most)

Don't forget the legs by breasting off its a crime, just make sure you pull the sinews and again cut across their direction. Cooking slowly in a stew will break down the sinews and make the meat taste a little sweeter in the process :good:

I have read all the pages on this post. So i dont know why game dealer or selling was even mentioned.

Yes it may seem extreme shooting that many birds but we all know how much damage canadas can cause

The game dealer post was mentioned I suspect to get the reaction it did.

Some people can't help themselves

:shaun:

One of my favourite recipes if I ain't selling them that is, is to place the goose in a large tin with two clean house bricks at either end. Cook in a moderate oven for9 hours basting all the time and the bricks.

After 9 hours (adjust to suit your oven) take the bird out, make gravy from the juices, throw the bird away and eat the bricks!

;-)

:lol::lol::lol: best post so far by Yobbo :lol::good::good: