Red diesel

islandgun

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the thread when you had a pop at guest1957, for no reason other than he pointed out you were wrong - and you were wrong.

I don't see anything sensible which you have added to the thread. Take this little gem:-

If they fancy they will just steal your car and take it to pieces if suspected and then you can make claims in court for them to put it back together.

No chance of any facts clouding the issue. It's just gibberish.

Wonder if it is possible to take the red dye out. Maybe a resin bed filter would do it. but the cost of the filtration and replacement of the resin on a regular basis would probably outweigh the savings. Would be an interesting exercise to try. :ninja:

Extremely easy to remove the red dye out of diesel if you know what you are doing. Started my working life as an HGV fitter and saw it done many a time.

Gordon, have a look through the links I posted and see what hmrc can do to your vehicle and what they are obliged to do and have to be ordered to do or pay for. I wasn't having a pop at anyone. Again you have offered nothing. Get a grip, offer something up, have a conversation.

Edited by onatangent

onatangent - I have read through your posts and can't find one which is factually correct. You rattle on about Laws, Pace, By-laws like you have some concept of what they are. You don't.

As for the advice to drive off - priceless. Here's another:-

You are not obliged to do anything unless a charge and arrest is presented.

What exactly does that mean? You get arrested, then you are interviewed and then charged.

As for red diesel offences being Civil Law - classic. It is a criminal offence. It is tax evasion.

I know exactly what HMRC and the Police can do, but you clearly don't.

If you get caught running on red you are in trouble.

If you get caught with a secret tank to run on red you are in a lot of trouble!

Fullers Earth can be used to remove the dye. HMRC know this and if you sell large quantities of Fullers Earth you are required to inform HMRC who bought it.

I believe there is a chemical trace in there too so even if you do remove the colour they can still tell. How true this is I don't know.

So to recap then, if you are pulled over by the police and or customs and you moral outrage at reducing your tax burden hasn't stood in your way, and you don't have the gonads to tell them to get lost, or have a HSE plan in mind and given you have not un-dyed the red or have two or more tanks, please pay the £500 fine or risk loosing it all. it could be worse you could be an Aardvark, think i'll stick with the veg and save the planet

I disagree. People can only be present on your property with consent and implied consent can be removed by the landowner or tenant. HMRC are not the law nor are they above it. Compliance is your choice. Why would any one wish to incriminate themselves? Prove I am living beyond my means, not declaring my cash sales etc etc. Make a case with evidence. Suspicion is bs on its own surely?? Investigative policing not supposition. As I said I will happily put it to the test as its unlawful. An act is not law. Most police attendance is to maintane the peace and try to arrest for breach of it. As a citizen you can use reasonable force, against anyone should the reason be arguable in court. If you have something they can leverage against you be it fac, licence, etc then compliance is expected for fear of the unknown repercussions. Just because hmrc and the police do things does not make it legal/lawful. As I said its an act, not law offered up in the best interest of the public, sorry revenue in fines and imposition.

Will have to agree to disagree then. I am self employed and have been for a while now so look forward to the day it happens. Been a fun topic thus far and I will stick to my guns should the time come. See you on the 6 o'clock news . There is a big movement at the minute with oppositions to acts as freemen. Things are forced upon us in our best interest applicable or not whether you or I vote on it or its passed and issued without notice. Act still isn't a law. Guidelines for pursuance to prosecute in law. I'm sure I will have my day, and video my failure or success hopefully lol

A couple of points ,there are people that do not need your consent to walk onto your land and you cannot withdraw your consent.

And the freemen of the land movement are barking mad idiots with an argument that holds as much truth as a bucket with no bottom