Gun and Country are in Swanbourne-just outside MK-BTW- do you know that MK has an Airgun club that meets every Sunday-should be a lot of different guns you could try out.. If you fancy trying a PCP then just pm me-I'm just outside MK and have an Air Arms S410 and S200 multi that you are welcome to come and try.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun and Country are in Swanbourne-just outside MK-BTW- do you know that MK has an Airgun club that meets every Sunday-should be a lot of different guns you could try out.. If you fancy trying a PCP then just pm me-I'm just outside MK and have an Air Arms S410 and S200 multi that you are welcome to come and try.

Cant get a better offer than that. Try before you buy and on a range where most dealers cant offer one. Top man.

Because i dont mind spending out on an initial gun but dont want more to buy like bottles.. pellets are enough i like to shoot as often as posible! :) also arent these more powerful then 12lbs? i dont own a FAC .. Just got into this all again.

should be able to get a complete second hand set up including cylinder/ filling whip etc for about £400, then its only a few quid to get the cylinder/tank filled when needed.

I got this little FN9 for £250 (without cylinder, which i already had)

Edit; its a FN12 not FN9!!

post-64543-0-91903200-1410595308_thumb.jpg

Edited by silver pigeon69

should be able to get a complete second hand set up including cylinder/ filling whip etc for about £400, then its only a few quid to get the cylinder/tank filled when needed.

I got this little FN9 for £250 (without cylinder, which i already had)

photo 2.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, that is an FN12 so basically a carbine version of the FN19. Both great rifles imo.

see the idea of having to charge the gun just sounds like hassle, i love its a cock and ur ready and dont have to worry about it running out, if i was to go hunting or two a range id have to carry it with me and around with me and back, + the rifle etc, because i will be on a bus to go to shooting range! it just seems alot more effort and money to fill it up ? what are the benefits of having one accept there quiter and the recoils not such a kick ?

Regards,

Matt.

PCP are very accurate, especially Daystate ( I am biased in this as have the Daystate Mk4). Can get 100-160 shots from one fill which is enough for most hunting outings or a typical target shooting session. I could get very good groupings after only a few goes with the Daystate. Can get 10 shot magazines, great when shooting in the field and lots of vermin about or that 2nd shot.

I have arthritic wrists and can't set my Gamo Magnum springer anymore, which is also very accurate and runs at 11.25 lbs.

Depends on whether you like a challenge with a springer.

You fill it up and then you have a set number of shots before needing to refill. At the low end - like the Falcon lighthunter, BSA Ultra etc. - you get about 30-40, right up to big 500cc bottled Daystates that give 400+ shots. There are also far more multishot PCPs than springers. A PCP multishot has a number of advantages. the movements are much smaller and quieter, you can keep your eye looking through the scope whilst reloading and it's much quicker - convenient if you need to fire of a second shot as a make sure shot, or if you have multiple targets. Ostensibly, PCPs seem more accurate, but that's only because they're easier to shoot accurately, because of the lack of kick. Shoot a springer well and it will be just as effective as any pcp. A lot of them are also a lot lighter than springers. Bipods also lend themselves more naturally to a PCP, which can be handy. Springers need the fluidity of the action to maintain accuracy and fixing a bipod to one can screw that up

Obviously this all comes at a cost!

Summed up perfectly Chrisjpainter.

I get 40 full power shots from my .177 Falcons and probably 80 from my .22 Air Arms but I can't carry anywhere near that number of rabbits so shot count has never been an issue except when plinking.

I would stick to a decent Springer for now though as they will give you the best founding for your shooting and help hone your skills.

personally think you need to buy a pellet catcher and tidy your garden before you get another gun,,don't take it to heart just giving advise,,its better for you in the long run, but good luck with the neighbours,,

tin hat on

atb Evo

Think he was asking about air rifles and not gardening tips but thanks anyway and yes I know what you are on about.

By cartridge you mean magazines?

off the top of my head I can think of two; the BSA Goldstar and a Theoben SLR98 There could be more out there.

both great guns, but hard to find

On this point if you met Martin up the club during the weekend he has a BSA Goldstar he may be looking to offload Matt.

Cheers Neil

personally think you need to buy a pellet catcher and tidy your garden before you get another gun,,don't take it to heart just giving advise,,its better for you in the long run, but good luck with the neighbours,,

tin hat on

atb Evo

I understood you posting on the first one...

to come to this.. bit pathetic, Could have at least been thorough and seen i had changed the back drop to marine ply wood.. lol.

Again my neighbours on one side are fine with me.. and so was the ones from previous but not that you'd know i havent had any more complaints or visits. - not that this topic has anything atall to do with it.

Back to .. what was it.. under leaver springers with cartidges worth buying :)?

Think he was asking about air rifles and not gardening tips but thanks anyway and yes I know what you are on about.

Ta bro

On this point if you met Martin up the club during the weekend he has a BSA Goldstar he may be looking to offload Matt.

Cheers Neil

Hey neil thanks for the info, we had a great afternoon down there and met some nice chaps

Yeah i think martin gave me a lift home with my mate, They have stopped all bus services from milton keynes central to hanslope on a sunday. ridiculous spent 20 pounds getting there and alot of hassle haha! Baught my mate and me two dailys then after reaching city to find none going to where we had planned i called a mate who gave me a lift when he heard my predicament, All in all met some lovely guys had a go on some lovely rifles!... He said he had one for sale but i thought it was somthing else, could be wrong!

Regards,

Matt.

Sometimes having a car just isn't worth it; although i wouldn't be keen on the idea of cycling with a gun on the back. is it a pain or am I just a whimp??

Goldstars occasionally pop up on forums and selling sites. there was one going for about £200 in july on Gunstar.co.uk

Just spet £200 on a stoger x20 suppressor ! shame if i had known earlier :)

Regards,

Matt.

fair enough! if it does the job why worry. I'm not altogether sold on the ideas of multishot springers anyway. the faff of a springer is not putting the pellet in, it's the cocking business, which you still have to do with a multi springer. I'd stick with a standard springer, then if you get some permission to shoot, think about a PCP multi.