if you have a under side cock instead of a break barrel its less trouble with a catridge, but i see your point there :P

Regards,

Matt.

Sorry - couldn't resist - am I the only one thinking something along the lines of "as the bishop said to the actress..."?

I think "cocking lever" is the phrase you're looking for. An "underside cock" is something that belongs to a fat man... :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a under side cock instead of a break barrel its less trouble with a catridge, but i see your point there :P

Regards,

Matt.

If you get the chance, and someone does have a Multishot (m/s) Goldstar at the club you went to, could you do me a small favour by way of an experiment??

Race a goldstar verses a single shot springer (s/s).

Rules:

1) Single shot gun must be empty, Goldstar magazine, empty. s/s uncocked; magazine in m/s.

3) time starts when the first pellet is picked up to be put into the breach or magazine.

3) Shots must be aimed.

4) first to twenty shots.

This way the whole action of a m/s is tested: loading the mag, loading the gun, firing, removing the mag...filling it etc...

I'd love to see just how much time a m/s function actually saves. my guess is, when taking into account loading pellets into the magazine, putting the magazine in firing off 10 shots then afterwards, taking the magazine out and repeating, it's possibly not very much time at all - if any!

I must admit with my Daystate Mk4 I prefer to use single shot with a Westy Tray replacing the tray that came with the gun. The 10 shot cartridge does take a while to fill. Where it would come into its own is if you get multiple shots in the field up to 10 where speed matters with a prefilled cartridge.

I have only used mine on Target shooting as yet, but prefer the single tray so far. When I have shot my Mk4 with OH who also has a Mk4 I can shoot more faster once we get past 10 and he has to refill.

On field sports when moving from target area to target area at the main club I go to you have to remove Multi shot cartridges and replace at the next area, so most just use the single tray. The Westy is faster to load than the flat tray that came with the rifle.

Sorry - couldn't resist - am I the only one thinking something along the lines of "as the bishop said to the actress..."?

I think "cocking lever" is the phrase you're looking for. An "underside cock" is something that belongs to a fat man... :lol:

hahah sorry was extremely tired when posting and im new to all the terms for them, only just learn break barrel haha :P !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gun and Country are in Swanbourne-just outside MK-BTW- do you know that MK has an Airgun club that meets every Sunday-should be a lot of different guns you could try out.. If you fancy trying a PCP then just pm me-I'm just outside MK and have an Air Arms S410 and S200 multi that you are welcome to come and try.

Hey bruno22fr

totally missed this mate, im allways up for a meetup with anyone, to have a shoot, i take it you have some where we could shoot!? :)

Regards,

Matt.