Away

steve_b_wales

• 3 weeks later...

Got home yesterday afternoon. Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in Tunisia. The resort -Port El Kantaoui- is very nice. Sadly, there is massive amounts of litter covering all the area's around the resorts, which looks awful. But the hotel area itself was very clean. It's a very cheap place to visit. We went all inclusive, but there are some bargains to be had in the local shops. My wife bought 4 leather handbags (why I don't know, as she has at least 10 at home that I know of) which cost less that £20 for them all. Although not top quality leather, they were very well made. Clothing is good too, and we bought some excellent football kits for our grandsons, which cost around £4.40 each.

The weather was very hot during our first week there, but we had a few thunderstorms the second week, so less sunshine, but still hot.

I would recommend where we stayed for a good all round holiday. Any questions, just PM me.

Thinking about going there myself next year but am put off a bit because of all the hostage taking and beheading across these parts of the world. Ive been before a few times to hammamet and the port but how safe is it there at the moment? Last time i was there loads of armed police and soldiers about and warned not to go out of hotel on night.

Thinking about going there myself next year but am put off a bit because of all the hostage taking and beheading across these parts of the world. Ive been before a few times to hammamet and the port but how safe is it there at the moment? Last time i was there loads of armed police and soldiers about and warned not to go out of hotel on night.

It's very safe at the moment. No worries about leaving the hotel at night. We went to shopping centers that were about 1.5 miles away. and we walked there. Not too late at night, but evening time. There are plenty of armed police manning the roads, and they stop many cars etc. This has been the norm' for a few years, I have been told. The police are very friendly too, and always said hello to us as we passed by them. On the way back to my hotel one day, I gave the 3 policemen that were on duty, some bottled water, and they were very grateful.

We are thinking of maybe going back for 10 days, sometime in September next year. All depends where we go in June.

Take a look at the Kanta Hotel in Port El Cantaoui. It's excellent.

Think we are staying in hammamet. Is that how you spell it? Will have a look at that place on the net now :)