A sad parting with my best friend Flynn

fenboy

With a huge amount of sadness I had to say my final goodbye to my cocker Flynn today.

My shooting companion for the last 10 years or so , I have never had a dog more willing to please or as affectionate , I could not enter the house without him having a toy in his mouth ready to hand to me, which once taken would lead to a roll over for a belly rub

Sadly I found he had a cancerous tumor on his top lip a few weeks ago and I was advised that it was in such a place that surgery would not be possible , in a matter of weeks it has grown hugely and it had just started to become a problem for him , he would sometime paw at it and due to its location it would be constantly licked and became very sore.

I decided to let him go while he was still happy and had a wag in his tail rather than let things drag on.

So RIP Flynn my boy I will miss you greatly.

DSC_0057_zps9365053c.jpg

DSC_0054_zpsb6bb49e0.jpg

Horrible I know. Why do we have dogs when this sort of things happens? He must have loved every minute of the ten years he spent with you, out in the fields, in your hide, laughing at your shooting.

I believe that the pictures you put up with this post were taken this mid summer. Remember him from those shots as well as the ones in your memory bank.