Head camera advice

mpk

Afternoon,

I'm thinking of purchasing a head camera to film some of my Wildfowling. I have seen quite a few videos on here but there are so many cameras and some extreme differences in price.

Going Wildfowling there is always the chance it will get damaged so if there is something that is good and resonably priced I would be interested to hear.

Preferably something that does not struggle in the half light would be ideal.

Thanks in advance !!!

Edited by mpk

I'd suggest a gopro. High quality video, scuba divers use them down to decent depths (I've had one to 35 metres, no issues), so that reduces the chance of it getting damaged.

Not cheap, but it'll probably be an antique before something goes wrong with it.

Thanks for your reply, I have had a look at them. Do they need a seperate waterproof case or is the unit waterproof if you catch my drift ? Edited by mpk

Hi

I purchased a go pro a few months ago.

Best little gadget I've purchased, I've used mine in many situations and the footage it captures is amazing. mime came with the water proof case to boot!

So it needs a waterproof case ? I'll look I I that thanks

I get the gopro idea but I think it's more of a fashion statement. Sony have been making home use video cameras for over 30 years. The guy who started gopro was in short pants at school when they started. All I hear about is problems with them, it's new technology.

Sony have invested millions over the years and had hundreds of models. Gopro are on their third.

I get the gopro idea but I think it's more of a fashion statement. Sony have been making home use video cameras for over 30 years. The guy who started gopro was in short pants at school when they started. All I hear about is problems with them, it's new technology.

Sony have invested millions over the years and had hundreds of models. Gopro are on their third.

I hadn't looked at that, was there any specific model ?

I use the sony AS 15 hdr. beats the gopro hands down have a look at my youtube chanel . Link is at the bottom of page

Pay half as much . And get twice the cam ;-)

Edited by stevo

I use the sony AS 15 hdr. beats the gopro hands down have a look at my youtube chanel . Link is at the bottom of page

Pay half as much . And get twice the cam ;-)

I'll have a look at that thanks, any chance of a link as I'm viewing on my phone ?

You can use them all the time in the case or without (the only real advantage is it's smaller) . They are defno not waterproof without the case, same as any other camera.

There is a remote app for apple (not sure about android). My son went snorkelling with the camera, I was in Bluetooth range and just recorded the pieces I wanted.

Edited by markm

There is an android remote app . You can also buy a remote control that fits on a wrist band . Lots of extras for them .

Another plus is there the only cam with the true steady shot mode . As sony invented it .

Couple that with the Exmore chip and the carl zies lens and bingo .

Edited by stevo

No you need a waterproof case . Thats included .

I would have thought all head cams need a waterproof case .

No you need a waterproof case . Thats included .

I would have thought all head cams need a waterproof case .

I have to say on watching your videos the quality is excellent, may I ask were you got yours from ?

Just because someone has been making something for years doesn't mean that they're any good. Generally when something like GoPro comes along, they've hit their market exactly where they need to and you end up seeing Sony doing the catching up.

You can use them all the time in the case or without (the only real advantage is it's smaller) . They are defno not waterproof without the case, same as any other camera.

There is a remote app for apple (not sure about android). My son went snorkelling with the camera, I was in Bluetooth range and just recorded the pieces I wanted.

:good:

Just because someone has been making something for years doesn't mean that they're any good. Generally when something like GoPro comes along, they've hit their market exactly where they need to and you end up seeing Sony doing the catching up.

Haha. Sounds like you bought a gopro

I have to say on watching your videos the quality is excellent, may I ask were you got yours from ?[/quote

Try here . You can get cheaper if you shop about .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0093X37JG?pc_redir=1410558776&robot_redir=1

I have to say on watching your videos the quality is excellent, may I ask were you got yours from ?[/quote

Try here . You can get cheaper if you shop about .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0093X37JG?pc_redir=1410558776&robot_redir=1

Thanks Stevo

I get the gopro idea but I think they are a fashion / fad at the moment. Still loads of problems and when paying that sort of money you would not expect problems. I've been tempted to get one.

Sony good at making video cameras? I think that's obvious. Don't see gopro written on the side.

B523DFC9-A3F5-4E69-8B13-69908603A825_zps

Edited by markm