Head camera advice

mpk

I get the gopro idea but I think they are a fashion / fad at the moment. Still loads of problems and when paying that sort of money you would not expect problems. I've been tempted to get one.

Sony good at making video cameras? I think that's obvious. Don't see gopro written on the side.

Hahaha, you're comparing a studio camera to a camera for action and sports. Try mounting that thing on your head or taking it swimming with you. Exactly like I said earlier, GoPro made the most of the gap in the market and got it right.

When you say "Paying that sort of money" and consider that a GoPro is £300 ish, that's peanuts in the camera/film world. With the number of units they've shifted, they're going to get a fair few issues cropping up. Personally, I've had no issues and they're a fantastic addition to a shoot.

Ask Beardo of here he bought a cheap one that gives very good results. Not worried about damage at the price. Thirty odd pounds iirc.

I use a a go pro Black edition.

Figgy

The one figgy is talking about is the sj 1000. Beardo started a thread on it here a while back & I got one for 50ish quid delivered from China. I use a go pro head strap to mount the waterproof case on. It's obviously not as good as a go pro, but at a 1/6 of the price it is value for money without worrying about smashing it. Below is a video of one of my outings this summer. Check my channel for the rest:

SJ1000 is great value if you're on a tight budget but the GoPro has come down massively in price and it is a better product if you can afford the difference.

In your opinion if it was between the Gopro and the sony as20 which one would you go for ? Bit of a random question I know !

Check out the big action scenes in films. Or motoring videos and you will see go-pros stuck all over the place.

Wildlife videos are sometimes shot with them mounted to allsorts to get the shot.

They are the best at what they do.

It's whatever you want to do action cam wise that defines the best camera for you.

Figgy

Check out the big action scenes in films. Or motoring videos and you will see go-pros stuck all over the place.

Wildlife videos are sometimes shot with them mounted to allsorts to get the shot.

They are the best at what they do.

It's whatever you want to do action cam wise that defines the best camera for you.

Figgy

Thanks figgy