South Africa - professional hunting

spartan7510

My mate is a professional hunter in South Africa. He sent me a couple of pics - he is the one holding the leopard and in photo with the lion. You will see him with a couple of his customers in other photos. If you know anyone interested in hunting trip, let me know I will put them into contact with him. He has clients coming over from Europe and America for tailored hunting.

loads more photos, but reached upload limit...

post-70671-0-63186400-1411208924_thumb.jpg

post-70671-0-02370900-1411208934_thumb.jpg

post-70671-0-11112200-1411208941_thumb.jpg

post-70671-0-08892600-1411208949_thumb.jpg

post-70671-0-47440700-1411208952_thumb.jpg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one mate, I will get over to Africa one day to hunt big game, also on the list is roo and wild dog hunting in oz and pigs in Texas,

It's not everyone's cup o tea but as long as there is plenty about and your mate isn't a canned hunter, it brings revenue into the country just like trout fishing and stalking does over here

, it's the norm in other parts of the world to hunt big cats etc just as red stag hunting , pigeon , wildfowl and foxing is in the uk

Crack on I say old bean

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Again not for me, they are magnificent animals. I understand it create vital funds in some poverty stricken areas with the correct management but I just couldn't bring myself to shoot and lion' leopard or hippo. I don't think they are even eaten are they? Just killed for the head.

The kudo (think that's what it called) and the big cow thing lol I would mind as I know they are eaten

Edited by beesley121

I would like to think that all these animals were part of a park/reserve management programme and that the money people pay to shoot them is put back in to improve the area. I have to agree I would have no problem taking part in a conservation cull type shoot on herding animals but I would never wish to shoot any of the big 5. I am not into the fact that they use bows on large beasts like the hippo, surely that must have taken a few arrows to down that poor beast?

I'm not going to knock it, but not for me either, it's so out of my terms of reference to kill a big cat, I'd like to see one in the wild first, not shoot one.

As I've said though, that's because my frames of reference don't extend to this type of thing.

I would like to think that all these animals were part of a park/reserve management programme and that the money people pay to shoot them is put back in to improve the area. I have to agree I would have no problem taking part in a conservation cull type shoot on herding animals but I would never wish to shoot any of the big 5. I am not into the fact that they use bows on large beasts like the hippo, surely that must have taken a few arrows to down that poor beast?

All controlled and legitimate. Reserves are setup for trophy hunters and animal populations controlled as such. He has a taxidermist who does all the work and ships the trophy’s back the hunters origin country.