paypal here

eddoakley

I have used it without the reader - works fine. Reader will give you a lower processing fee, and more security. PayPal is a very recognised name now. In years past people shied away - no longer.

2.75% is a hell of a lot more than I get charged by my current supplier. But I do pay £12 a month rental. The signal would be my big worry, Cornwall does not have the best reception.

PayPal does not suit high volume, though saying that it does go down to 1.9% for higher volumes. Also, you don't need a merchant account to get started, and your money is available pretty much right away.

Edited by aris

So do you need to upgrade from a normal account to a business paypal account

Not sure, but after a certain amount of transaction value, you need to go though some extra verification steps with PayPal - business accounts cost no extra, so if you are a business, do it.

2.75% is a hell of a lot more than I get charged by my current supplier. But I do pay £12 a month rental. The signal would be my big worry, Cornwall does not have the best reception.

I thought it was steep but compared to a mate who pays £40 a month fpr the reader and 1.25% I thought it was worth a go. As other have said its not going to be good for volume and paypal is widely recognised so it seemed worth a go.

If I find that I use it a lot I can always change to a diffferent system later......

Edd