30th anniversary & 60th birthday

big bad lindz

A couple of questions for you guys & girls.

Although both days are a good bit away, the Mrs and I were talking about what we want to do and what to get each other. They are both in the same year and the good lady suggested that I have a "posh" day or days shooting. I thought why not. I currently shoot in a DIY syndicate and have access to some rough shooting on some local farm land but the thought of attending a "formal" shoot sounds good.

As we havent talked about a budget yet I am trying to find out what sort of costs would be involved in order to plan ahead a little and put something aside.

So not taking accomodation into account what sort of price would I be expected to pay? I have looked at various web sites with shoots on offer. Some mention a cost for the day package, some mention a day package plus birds + vat and a keepers tip will be involved as well I suppose. These prices vary vastly accross the country. I think I would be looking at something in the central/north Scotland (nearer to home) so any advice would be a great help.

Cheers

BBL

PS I havent a clue what I am going to get her maybe a day on the beating line ? to keep the cost down :lol:

I went on a Fantastic Gaurenteed 100 bird day in Newark last year, All in with elevenses. lunch and a meal at the end, we shot partridge pheasant and a Duck drive at the end, i slipped the Keeper £40 so it came to £390

What a Spanking day !!!!!!!!!

Are you a BASC member ? if so you could contact them to find shooting in your area like it

Enjoy !

Bosher