Dry weather is causing a lot more work

KFC

All I seem to be doing at the minute is running round with barrels of water. The ditches are dry and no puddles :(

In general birds seem to be wandering a lot this year with the good weather and abundence of insects. I seem to have mine where I want them though now and no water anywhere else the dry weather could end up working in my favour. Don't get me wrong, I've had to dog them in hard up to now but they finally seem to be getting to know where they get pressured and where they get left alone now.

Give them food and plenty of clean water and they seem to be fairly content at the minute, even in a poor cover crop. Not sure how long it will last though as still have 7 weeks till our first day :oops:

All I seem to be doing at the minute is running round with barrels of water. The ditches are dry and no puddles :(

In general birds seem to be wandering a lot this year with the good weather and abundence of insects. I seem to have mine where I want them though now and no water anywhere else the dry weather could end up working in my favour. Don't get me wrong, I've had to dog them in hard up to now but they finally seem to be getting to know where they get pressured and where they get left alone now.

Give them food and plenty of clean water and they seem to be fairly content at the minute, even in a poor cover crop. Not sure how long it will last though as still have 7 weeks till our first day :oops:

It's all a balancing act isn't it? The water trays do seem to be keeping the birds where we want them but evaporation and the number of birds drinking from each tray means I seem to be constantly lugging water.

Up 'til now the birds have held in the woods but the Cocks are gathering up their harems and trying to wander off the plot now so it's healthy walking trying to round them up every day and we don't start til the 25th.

Well, that sorted it!!

Since I posted on here the rain has moved in and it looks like it going to rain most days this week.

If I'd realised that all I needed to do was post on here then I wouldn't need to lug all that water.

Thanks Pigeonwatch !!!! :good: :good: :good::lol: :lol: :lol: