.17HMR

Pike

I have just got foxing permission on the farm I have pigeon and ground game on and I'm looking for a new toy! I shoot .22 rimfire at the moment but was thinking about getting a Ruger or CZ .17HMR to cover rabbits and foxes (I would rather not go down the .243 route as the deer shooters get a bit paranid - what do I want their deer for anyway - like shooting cows really isn't it?!? :beer: ).Has anyone had much experience with a .17HMR particularly used in anger against Raynard?

Thought you might like this web site - check out the ***** warning and "how to speak proper *****" www.ogmac.co.uk/sidcup/stupid :beer:

Pike

If your after foxes 17 HMR not recomended over 50 Yds same as 22 rimmy To do fox and bunnies go for 22 Hornet it will do fox at 150 / 200 Yds or you could try for 222 or 223 not a lot of bunny left with these 2 but they stop foxes at a distance If u apply for a 17 dont say its for fox as it is not a recomended cal for them they may kick it back

:*) sorry Yorkshire Pudding - the link should have been ogmac.co.uk/sidcup/stupid.htm it really is orth a look.

Keep dodging them bombs (good job the US can't shoot straight really),

Pike

An excellent site - kept me entertained all Saturday night.

• 1 month later...