9 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think is the most effctive purse net colour

• Dark brown
    • Light brown
    • Olive green
    • White
    • Sky blue
    • Cammo

Tiercel, The only reason that I dyed them was that the last batch of twine I bought was pure white, which Im sure you will agree woud be a bit over the top unless it was snowing. No, I also believe most animals are colour blind, but why dont we all go shooting in white suits?. [ im sure that we,ve done this one before somewhere]

Lets look at the facts rabbit comes out of a dark tunnel in to light,mostly at a rate of knots, sometimes slow. But what does a rabbit see when its nearing the mouth of the warren, i would suggest that all it see's is the light.Anything dark over the mouth of the warren would show up as a shadow. So i would suggest that the lighter the net was the more it would blend into the "light at the end of the tunnel"so to speak. Therefore it would make a bright white or even a pale blue net less visable.

Tiercel, this colour caper will have to be put to the test, and done away with once and for all. Tell you what we,ll do, I,ll pick you up sometime late summer for a crack at these pigeons. I,ll fit you up with a nice white painters overall, a pair of pink wellies, and a JCB coloured hide net, and I,ll be on the the other side of the field in my smelly cammo. A small side bet, say £100 will be placed {cash, not iou,s} before shooting commences. Winner takes all, shotguns only , no stens. Agreed?.