Price of diesel

aris

I worked at Shell a fair few year back. There was a test carried out on a rival suppliers fuel against Shell. The rival fuel came out worse! Less MPG and more deposits left in the engine! Shell fuel upped the MPG and offered a smoother power gain. I use Asda at the mo for petrol day to day at £120.7 per litre.

If I am going long distance or towing the caravan I fill up with shell. I notice the increase in power AND the MPG is much better too. It's worth paying the little extra when needed.

I find that Sainsburys petrol is worst by far. My car throws a fit when I fill up there!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, someone thinks the price of fuel should be lower:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29924710

But really, 58p out of every litre is duty, and then there is the 20% vat on the total selling price (tax on tax - don' t you love it!)

In addition, oil is traded in US$ and the pound is somewhat weaker against the $.

I'm not sure if anyone is profiteering - but it would be nice to see it go down and stay down.

i can remember when my father topped up at asda in Hale and it was 61p per gallon, in the late 70,s wow has time changed, now its 1.26.9 so basically £1.27 PER LITRE , what a total ripoff,

the government has to find money to pay the dole scroungers somehow, yes its us lot who work non bloody stop that suffer

atb Evo

• 2 weeks later...

Well 125.9p/l is the cheapest i've seen it in a long time too - the low oil price and a supermarket price war are steadily bringing it down. I bet it will come down a few more pence too. Saying that - it wasn't that long ago when it broke the 100p mark :/

And it will never get below 100p again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...