Venison

rabbit hunter

Got a couple of shoulder joints and fillet the other day. I was cleaning them and my dad took a bit of meat of the shoulder and said it will be good to fry. So later on I warmed the pan up. Put olive oil in, bit of salt and pepper on the steak. fried it, towards the end I put a bit of butter in to brown it off. It was lovely.

So i thought I would do a bit of experimenting. I got another bit. Warmed the pan, used olive oil, and a touch of garlic olive oil. Salt and pepper on the steak. Put it in the pan. Added butter. Put 4 herbs on it : - Rosemary, Thyme, Basil & Oregano. Then found something in the cupboard called "Chinese Five Spice" so i fired some of that on. I must say, it was delicious :huh:

So as I was in the experimenting mood. This morning i warmed the pan up, used garlic olive oil. Salt and pepper on my BACON. Put in the pan. added Chinese Five Spice. It wasnt too bad, but it was too dry so I couldnt eat too much.

Reading those recipe's made my mouth water, then I remembered a recipe given me by an old Norfolk Keeper for 'Shellduck' and thought I would share it with you!

YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:-

1 x Plump Shelduck, 2x skinned and chopped onions, 1/2 lb streaky bacon, mixed herbs and a piece of chip-board 6 inch x 6 inch (freshly sawn.

Take a nice plump Shelduck, skin it and wash thoroughly, pat it dry and wrap in bacon.

Fetch a large pan of boiling water, add the Shellduck, chopped onions, mixed herbs and the piece of chip-board, bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for two hours. Check the duck has been well cooked, strain the juice into a bowl (this will be for the gravy) and place to one side.

Finally, throw the duck into the nearest bin and eat the chip-board-it tastes better than the bl**dy duck !! :huh: :thumbs: :lol::lol::lol::lol: