Talking Heads

Fisherman Mike

Any one else of my generation like Talking Heads... one of my very favourite bands of the 80's. If anyone has any of their old albums or CD's I would be interested in buying.

Always thought they were 30 years ahead of their time.

Did get to see them and also solo Byrne in 2002 and Tina Weymouth at Glastonbury with Tom Tom Club

She's a great self taught Basssist and only picked it up in her late teens

I know its a bit of a pointless topic but beats politics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY

You must be a bit younger than me Mike. I never got into any 80's music until about 5 years ago when I discovered David Byrne. Yes I know I am 20 years behind everyone else. How I missed him I don't know.

Like humans do, glass concrete & stone and many more. Fantastic artist.

Yes I agree The 70's and 80, gave us some great stuff. and Byrne has been described as Endlessly inventive, which he is..

Hopefully he will tour Britain again as a solo artist and when he does make sure you get to see him.... quite brilliant.

Some years ago I was working on a comedy sketch show and one of the sketches was Alan Bennett's talking heads talking heads which was a guy dressed as Alan Bennett reciting the lyrics to once in a lifetime and at the chorus several more alan Bennett's came out and did the weird dance from the video... All through rehearsals etc we all laughed loads at it and knew we were onto a winner, sadly everyone involved were apparently the only people who had the required skill of knowing who Alan Bennett was and knowing the talking heads song so it died on its bottom never to be repeated

Still funny to me though!